New Guy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all —

I just bought a ‘98 UZJ 100 a few weeks ago (first truck, no off road experience at all. Here’s my build thread I started: '98 100 (in 2019) — Build Thread ) and am looking for a local club and came across you guys.

Seems like most of you are more North County based (I’m closer to the Mission Bay area), but thats not a big deal.

I see you do your meetings on the 1st Tuesday of the month @ Mikes. Should I just show up and look for you guys if I want to join in and get to know everyone? Or do you have a different process to follow?

Hey RandomUser (cracks me up 😆), yeah come on out to the meetings anytime, a bunch gather starting around 5 in the bar area. Otherwise the meeting is around 630 in the private room all the way to the right.

There are a bunch of guys down your way too. Also, check the post about a run to Cleghorn this weekend, would be a good one to get your feet wet!

We are also going to be having some more wrench days coming up. @Surfoverland , @leucadiacruiser and I all have 100s a little closer to you in coastal north county and have some upcoming projects. We have a private forum for members, but I will post the next one here in the public forum.

Hey RandomUser (cracks me up 😆), yeah come on out to the meetings anytime, a bunch gather starting around 5 in the bar area. Otherwise the meeting is around 630 in the private room all the way to the right.

Awesome, sounds good! Thanks man. I'll cruise on by next time I'm available.

We are also going to be having some more wrench days coming up. @Surfoverland , @leucadiacruiser and I all have 100s a little closer to you in coastal north county and have some upcoming projects. We have a private forum for members, but I will post the next one here in the public forum.

That sounds awesome. I'm pretty new to working on my own vehicles (one of the reasons I kept my other car [2000 Toyota Solara] for my daily driver; I want to still have a running vehicle while the other one may be in pieces as I'm trying to figure stuff out lol). Learning from more experienced people is one of the big reasons I'm seeking out a club like this.

Where do you guys meet up to do this? One of your homes? Or does one of you work at a shop or some other space that can be used?

Either way, thanks again for the responses. I'd love to meet some of the locals who are interested in this stuff.

The last two have been at my place in Encinitas, and @Phulcrum sometimes hosts in Bonsall. It all depends on who has space and where the job needs to be done!

You've come to the right place!

Hello all —

I just bought a ‘98 UZJ 100 a few weeks ago (first truck, no off road experience at all. Here’s my build thread I started: '98 100 (in 2019) — Build Thread ) and am looking for a local club and came across you guys.

Seems like most of you are more North County based (I’m closer to the Mission Bay area), but thats not a big deal.

I see you do your meetings on the 1st Tuesday of the month @ Mikes. Should I just show up and look for you guys if I want to join in and get to know everyone? Or do you have a different process to follow?

There's a number of us in your area. I'm over in Bay Park. Meetings are in Escondido, but it's an easy drive and a good time.

If you need help with anything the wrench days are excellent as the collective knowledge of this group is pretty amazing. But if you want to wrench in your driveway let me know. I can at the very least stand around and provide moral support, say righty tighty lefty loosey every few minutes, and drink beer.

And yes, Cleghorn is the place to stretch those stock legs out and see just how capable your vehicle is.

There's a number of us in your area. I'm over in Bay Park. Meetings are in Escondido, but it's an easy drive and a good time.

If you need help with anything the wrench days are excellent as the collective knowledge of this group is pretty amazing. But if you want to wrench in your driveway let me know. I can at the very least stand around and provide moral support, say righty tighty lefty loosey every few minutes, and drink beer.

And yes, Cleghorn is the place to stretch those stock legs out and see just how capable your vehicle is.

Nice, we're neighbors. I'm in the same neighborhood.

I've got a lot of projects in mind for this vehicle so having a knowledgeable sounds really helpful.

This Cleghorn trail seems pretty sweet. Unfortunately I'm booked up this weekend and won't be able to make it. I'll have to make that trip sometime. Any good beginner but still fun trails in SD County you like?

Welcome!! I have a 1999 100 series. I prob wont ever meet you since I'm moving to Bishop but you've found a great group of cruiser people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom