New '21 HE - License Plate Screw Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Quick intro: My wife and I bought a new white '21 HE w/ 3rd Row in December. We just transferred plates. No front plate in my state, so I picked up a really nice front plate delete on Etsy from Southwest Laser Art. Highly recommend! Because I am totally OCD, I found a great vendor that powder coats SS screws. The ones for the front are M6-1.0x20mm. I am almost 100 percent sure the rear ones are the same size. But, when I try to hand thread, they seem very tight. The ones from the dealer are plastic and are hard to compare with the M6-1.0. Can anyone confirm? Thanks for this quality forum. Such good info!
thumbnail_IMG_3771.jpg

Rear are M6x1.0 I actually use an M6x1.0 x 16SS Button Head Taper Proof Torx .. its a Torx head with a center pin that requires a special T30 Torx tool with a hollow center. I apply an never seize called Ultra Tef-Gel to the threads

Last edited:
Did they powder coat the threads?

McMaster-Carr does have black stainless screws in that size.

McMaster-Carr does have black stainless screws in that size.

Better pricing from BelMetric

No. The threads were not powdercoated. Just the outside of the head.
The heat may have distorted. Have you tried a regular M6 machine screw

Welcome to sift through this. Might have something that works 😂.

646BDC5F-6B2D-4179-9D7F-EA266175F0C0.jpeg

7B8543C3-E988-4324-BC93-635BC71BE7A9.jpeg

Anyone know if the older models (2010 in my case)- also take a M6-1.0 screw?

I'm thinking 16mm should work well on the front and rear, 20mm seems too long.

I love torx security SS hardware!

Anyone know if the older models (2010 in my case)- also take a M6-1.0 screw?

I'm thinking 16mm should work well on the front and rear, 20mm seems too long.

I love torx security SS hardware!
Yep. Toyota has been using that size for rear plates for a few decades now.

Quick intro: My wife and I bought a new white '21 HE w/ 3rd Row in December. We just transferred plates. No front plate in my state, so I picked up a really nice front plate delete on Etsy from Southwest Laser Art. Highly recommend! Because I am totally OCD, I found a great vendor that powder coats SS screws. The ones for the front are M6-1.0x20mm. I am almost 100 percent sure the rear ones are the same size. But, when I try to hand thread, they seem very tight. The ones from the dealer are plastic and are hard to compare with the M6-1.0. Can anyone confirm? Thanks for this quality forum. Such good info!View attachment 2546815
Love that Plate! Do you have a link to the store? Couldn’t find it searching

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom