New 100 owner from MD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, I just purchased a new to me 1998 LC 100 series. As the title states I am located down in MD, stationed at Aberdeen Proving Ground, those at this moment I am out in the big sandbox and due back sometime this summer.

I'm new to the cruiser world and serious off-roading in general. I've spent most of my life in AZ and driven all around the desert hunting and camping but never full on off-roading. My truck is stock right now and probably will remain for the short-term future as I save up for mods.

Just a little about me my family and I camp, hunt, fish, and just generally try and be outside as much as we can. We have a two dogs, lab and a drahtaar, which I was in the process of training before heading out. I look forward to meeting everyone and hopefully getting a few runs in before I head off to where ever the Army sends me next.

Welcome and congrats on the new acquisition. We usually have a trail ride once a month. Keep an eye on this forum for the next event. We usually have a variety of cruisers out, all at varying degrees of build.

Welcome to the boards! I did some time at APG when I reclassed back in 1990. Went to track mechanic (63Y) school there. Stay safe in the sandbox and thanks for your service!

Thanks guys. Look forward to see you all out there one day on the trails.

APG has changed a lot since then. Almost no military there now. All the schools closed down a few years back. I take my dogs running about back by one of the old school buildings. It is damn near falling down now.

Welcome. You and your 100 will love it at Rausch Creek.

So will your dogs, especially the GWP. My daughter and SIL had two. Very intelligent, very well trained, boundless energy, great at protecting you. Won big at ability events. They were also the worst behaved dogs ever... they just did what they wanted to do, not what you wanted them to do. They were just a hoot to be around.

Congrats on the 100 purchase. Great vehicles, and plenty capable in stock form to have a great time off road (my wife still misses LX470).

Hope to see you out when you get back stateside. Your service does not go unappreciated. Thank you!

Thanks everyone and thank you Stoshu for your support also.

Yes drahts can be head strong when they want to. As the breeder told me when I picked him up, give him a job or he will find one and you may not like what he chooses! My wife runs him daily now and when I come home he will run with me and go when I go mountain biking. But that being said they still need to be watched and kept active.

Welcome to the group! Hope to meet you at a run. You know the saying, "Uncle Sam Ain't Rid of Me Yet!" Good luck and stay safe.

@joabmc, thanks and I hope to see many of you on the trails. And yes I know that saying all to well, and unfortunately uncle sam will have me for at least 8 more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom