Neglected Lx470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi again,
So my family purchased a LX470 brand new in 2005, and it was only used on long rips/vacations for the few years of its life. It was also maintained well by the lexus dealer until about 2012. It really hasn't had much done do it since then, besides the basics. It currently has about 79k miles. So It will be going back the lexus dealer to have that airbag recall taken care of. Im going to try and push for a free multi point inspection( there are typical offers for this throughout the year). I know it probably will need some work, but im wondering if Lexus will try to rip me off by telling me I need things replaced when they are okay. If you do think that this could happen, any suggestions where I should take the truck? (I live in North Jersey)I assume toyota won't be that much cheaper. Also is there anything that I should take a look at asap? (brakes/tires/oil/brake fluid, are all good, like i had said, just the basics.

Thanks So much!
Alex

Fortunately at 79k miles, it hasn't needed a ton of service.

Based on age alone though, it would probably warrant a good once over for all fluids and the 90k service at some point in the near future.

Dealers are proactive in their recommendations for work, often ahead when absolutely necessary. I'd review their recommendations based on the factory service manuals intervals and choose what to do from there.

One thing the dealer may overlook is AHC suspension maintenance. I'd add at least a flush in if it has not been done at 60k.

To add to @TeCKis300 post, like medical advice, GET A SECOND (or even third) OPINION. I've done just the same recently and it helped immensely in sussing out what exactly needed to be taken care of. Many service shops will recommend work based on high profit margins or commissioned sales, unfortunately. I'd recommend taking it to a Lexus dealer, Toyota dealer and a third-party independent shop that specializes in Toyota/Lexus vehicles. Many will offer a free inspection and diagnostic. If they don't, push for it or continue searching for a shop that will honor your request. After all, this is a first step in building loyalty between a customer and a shop, encouraging repeat business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom