Need some thoughts..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Usually around the house, sometimes in a tree or a
For about the last 2-3 weeks my check engine light has been coming on then going off. haven't really paid much attention to it. Recently its been doing it more frequently and staying on a bit longer. So I have noticed that it seems to come on when the motor downshifts into passing gear such as when I'm going up a big hill or passing on the hwyway. Soon as I shift into OD it goes back out. Its running fine no noticible problems. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. BTW 92 Fj80 with 198K on the OD, no mods. :confused:

Romer I don't have a code reader. So no have not tried that.

92 is pre-OBD so you can use a paper clip to read the codes. Search is your friend and you can get the procedure and a list of codes and their meaning. Nobody can reliably tell you what the problem is until they have that code or codes. Any thing else is simply a wild ass guess at worst, and an educated guess at best.

-B-

Guys, I got the code. came up as a 28 which according to my info means O2 sensor 2 needs to be replaced. If thats correct How serious is that ie what are the consequences for not doing it right away. Also would it make more sense to replace them both since I'm at it. Seems to me I've read that its not too bad of a job, just need a little penetrating oil and soem patience.

It will likely be OK foir a bit and yes replace them both at the same time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom