Need some tent stakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I suppose the good thing is that it's not like there aren't any options to choose from...

having at least one solid bar of steel with ya when travelling in the great unknowns is not a bad thing... never know when it might come in handy. Repairs, rigging, towing, staking, leverage, critters... Tire irons, crowbars, pry bars, wrench extensions, stakes etc.

Go to Home Depot or Lowe's and buy the largest galvanized nails/spikes you can!

I want a half dozen or so medium duty tent stakes as what I have now is a mixture of lame freebies that came with various tents over the years. I just looked at Amazon and mostly saw short (like 8”) stakes. I’m thinking I want some rugged plastic ones maybe 12” to 14” made of a durable plastic?

Any suggestions? Amazon had a lot of aluminum angle ones - are those the way to go now? My soil can be somewhat rocky so was thinking ABS or other plastic more durable?
Amazon product ASIN B08PY6HDPV
Amazon product ASIN B07RDCWKDV

I stopped buying & shopping for tent stakes, after I opted in with SnowPeak's. They are all that and the only tent stakes I've never cussed...for all things motor vehicle camping anyway ;)

I stopped buying & shopping for tent stakes, after I opted in with SnowPeak's. They are all that and the only tent stakes I've never cussed...for all things motor vehicle camping anyway ;)
I was going to do same but the ones I posted are as good as SnowPeaks and cheaper 🤷🏻‍♂️

I've found that tent stakes that you pound into the ground become useless when the wind kicks up. If there's one thing you can rely on when you don't want it, it's the wind. And if it's calm, I'm prepared for when it does start blowing.

What I use for hard ground:

amazama Tent Stakes

Bring your portable drill to ease install and in really hard or rocky soil, you may also need for removal.

And for loose or sandy conditions - available where pet supplies are sold, dog tethers:

IMG_0414a.JPG

Pound into sand or loose soil an inch or so, then use hammer handle to screw into ground until just top loop is visible.

Both can be fairly easily removed by pounding back & forth to loosen up with a rubber hammer which I have available while camping for various uses.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom