craigslist Need some opinions on this truck please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Wellsburg, West Virginia 26070 United States
Mileage
Color
Black
Outside Link
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/757243542641734/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&__tn__=!%3AD

Need some opinions on the lx470 2002 with 257000 miles new tires belts and starter know problems leaking cv boot and one window does not work looks to not be rusty sell sent me more undercarriage pics
Thanks for any help

Pics look nice, rust from a distance doesn't seem bad but I really never understand the need for conformation from others on a truck you like. There will always be remarks that it's too high or too rough. If it makes you happy and you don't have any serious concerns, buy it. The purchase price is going to be the least of your worries. If you ever find a truck that the entire group likes then it will be sold to someone else before you can pull the trigger.

Good luck

I understand that. What I'm saying is find something you like. Something that floats your boat. Do a little research and move forward. You'll be much happier without all the second hand guessing. Good luck .

I bought a ‘99 with 245k miles and have driven it for 10 years. Zero regrets and now sitting at 350k miles with many more to go.

I think this looks like a great ride and well kept. If you can wrench you can handle what it throws at you but be ready to baseline it and prepare for parts to break. If you go OEM Toyota it ain’t cheap.

Some things that hit me:
- starter (that’s a bitch to replace so good that’s been done. Make sure the part in there is a new denso or a solid rebuild)
- alternator
- Abs pump ($$$)
- rear axle bearing
- ABS sensors (x2)
- O2 sensors

Make sure maintenance has been kept up. Tranny fluid, diff fluid, brake flushes, coolant flushes, AHC flushes. If they haven’t been done plan on doing it. If it hasn’t been done it’s not a deal breaker but rather a negotiating tool. My ‘99 had regular oil changes and that’s about it. I went for it and did all the above to baseline. I believe it’s paid off.

Only thing that left me stranded was the ABS pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom