Need Some Assistance From My Fellow Cruisers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LS1FJ40

SILVER Star
Threads
So, long story short...I just moved back to Indianapolis 2 months ago due to medical reasons after being gone for about 5 years. I have a '92 FJ80 with 203k on it thats my family's daily driver. She's been a great rig for me but I've got a few mechanical things I need to do to it that I can't handle on my own. I have a little coolant leak (found out it is because of a couple of issues, a) the water pump is going b) had to put some non-toyota hoses on and they are a little big and leaking a little). Butler Toyota looked at it today for me and gave me a list of things that need to be done:

1. Water pump needs replaced
2. Various hoses related to radiator
3. Thermostat and gaskets
4. Alternator, A/C and P/S Belts
5. Left front wheel bearing LOOSE (he noted it in all caps)
6. Right front inner axle seals leaking

Ok, so I need some help. I was diagnosed with terminal cancer Oct 15, 2008. I can buy the parts (which I'm figuring to be around $350ish) but the other $800 in labor is just not feasible. Is there anyone out there that could help do some of this work with me? I have decent mechanical skills but am lacking the energy to do all of this work. I just gave away a ton of FJ40 parts before I left Dallas and moved up here to a couple of LoneStar Cruiser guys but I have a '76 2F motor with tranny that has 56k on it that just needs a water pump that I would be willing to exchange for help. Thanks in advance to everyone.

Sincerely,
Jeff
716-2378

Come to the tech day and we (I) can help with the labor. We can get you square.;)

I'm sure you know what parts you need. Get'em and I'll help do the work. I've done(rebuilt or replaced) mostly everything on my rig, so the knowledge is there to get it done fast.

x3 on bringing it to the Tech Day. 2-3 folks working on that at the same time will have it done in no time!

Talk to Jimmy or Clint to get the name of the local friendly dealerships that give discounts to club members (or give CDan a call at American Toyota).

Nick

Thanks to all of you! This is much appreciated. The hoses are in pretty rough shape and I haven't looked at all of the belts but I'll probably just do them as well while in there. I need this thing to be as "Stout and Reliable" as she has been for the last 17+ years. I replaced the radiator and thermostat last November (yes, they were original) and just replaced the rotor and distributor cap. The radiator and thermostat I had assistance from a neighbor that has a Heep Cherokee so I think he may have sabotaged her or she felt scorned for me allowing a Heep driver to touch her. Hahaha. I just did the rotor and dist cap myself last week when it was about -15 degrees with a Toyota Rotor but nobody had the dist cap in stock so I bought one from AutoZone. Put it in and it cranked right up. Yes, they were original as well.

This is our only vehicle for now due to the wonderful $400k in medical debt (yes, I have health insurance, but they don't cover "experimental treatments") so I sincerely appreciate all of your help with this and your generosity. This is why I've been such an avid and loyal Land Cruiser owner and why I have always helped out fellow CruiserHeads when I could.

Sorry I didn't bring all of my spare FJ40 parts from Dallas up here. Helped out a guy down there that needed them bad.

However, I do have the 2F and tranny out of the '76 40 that I sold a while back. It is sitting on a pallet in my mom's garage in Iowa. If anyone knows someone that needs it, I can arrange to have it brought out here. Just let me know ASAP. I don't really have anywhere to store it but I can have my little brother-in-law load it on his semi and bring it out here. It's been sitting for about 4 years but it ran like a champ and was stored properly. I think I have the clutch assembly and master cylinder too for it.

Sincerely, thanks again to all of you. This is why I own my Land Cruiser. The brotherhood of Land Cruiser Owners is like no other. Good people.

Ok, enough of the sappy stuff. Someone gonna let me shoot their gun? I wanna blast some s***! :clap:

Jeff

Looks like we've got a worthy project for tech day! :bounce:

Jeff, Welcome back to Indy! The Hoosier Cruiser Crew will help wherever and whenever we can, it's not just Hoosier Hospitality, it's Hoosier Cruiser Hospitality!!! It's all about the cruiser karma, just watch out for Tony, don't let him get any on ya, we really have no idea where he's been!!!!:D

What side of town are you on?

Polak

Let's see, a '92 would be by far the newest that I've ever worked on, should be fun :D I hope someone has either an FSM or aftermarket repair manual to get the torque specs and such. Since I'm cruiserless down here in Indiana, I've got spare time.

Once again, I appreciate all of everyone's willingness to help. Needless to say, it's been a rough 14 months but things are looking up. I'm a firm believer in Karma and I like to think that Karma is coming back to me courtesy of you all.

I am on the far east side of Indy (German Church and Washington St).

I have a Haynes Manual that has been somewhat useful and will bring it. I have heard that there is some other manual out there that is better.

Thanks again to everyone! See you all in a month. Have a holidays!

Ok...sounds good. I will be glad to help, but with all the others offering up, it sounds pretty crowded, If I squeeze in I might get "some" on someone...And I don't know where I've been either.

I've got the FSM for the 92. I'll bring it.

Jimmy, do you have one of those for the 89 fj62?
I need some wire diaphrams for the computer signal wires that go to the dash.
Or maybe you can just look at it & tell me whats , what....with all your infinate knowledge

Tony I have the FSM for the 62. I'll bring it along with the Commander's trailer.
I'll bring my Airsoft gun.

Soon that is what they will be issuing the CPD, they are less offensive. And as we all know guns kill people....

Thanks Phil
Do I need to bring those springs?

I say any thread that stays on course is a useless thread.

I say any thread that stays on course is a useless thread.

Speaking of which, what shenanagins did you pull in rchat to get the black hand back hand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom