Need sleeve that goes around cigarette lighter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
* I had an intermittent connection with the USB port that goes into the cigarette lighter on my 1995 FJZ80 landcruiser.
* I replaced it with Part # 85500-17060 as shown in photo below, which seems to be the right part, because it plugged in correctly and brings power to my USB charger for my iphone.
* I tried to reuse the clear & white sleeve in the photo below, but I cracked off one of the white tabs. Now when I tried to remove the USB charger from the cigarette lighter, the cigarette lighter pulls out of the dash. Thus, I believe that replacing this clear & white sleeve will allow it to stay in the dash when I pull out the USB charger, but I don't know the part number.
* Does anyone know the part number for the clear and white sleeve shown in the photos below?

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

It is not. You will need to get behind the lower valence there.
Well, I got the part installed without removing anything to get behind the dashboard. This order worked for me:
1. Pull the male wire plug that connects to the gray top of the stay device shown above through the hole in the dash for the cigarrette lighter ("Hole") and connect to the gray female connector on the top of the stay.
2. Pull the other wire harness that connects to the back of the lighter assembly ("Lighter Harness") throught the white ring/sleeve shown above.
3. While holding the Lighter Harness, insert the stay into the Hole by inserting the gray connector first and then angling and pushing it in until the white ring/sleeve is inserted fully into the Hole. (You need to align the tab with the slot and twist it around)
4. Plug the Lighter Harness into the end of the lighter assembly.
5. Align the larger tab of the lighter assembly with the corresponding slot of the stay and push in. (I had trouble pushing it in so I inserted the part that lights the cigarettes to create more surface area and pushed on that to get it all the way in).
As annoying as it seems, it is a pretty clever design.

thanks for the part numbers and install tips.

mine is broken/missing so instead i have a dual USB outlet as a replacement. i like it, but sometimes consider sourcing the OE parts, and then using a USB plug with the latest fast charging specs, which my blue seas outlet doesn't have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom