Need parts for a troop carrier (newbie) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brownbear said:
are you the guy on the left or the right, or taking the picture?
I was behind the camera taking the photo.

Tapage said:
coils suspension in front . ? there are pretty new .. maybe from 2002. With 5 in 5.5 bolt pattern ...
lowenbrau said:
I thought they gave up that style grill in about '93. Maybe just in the pickups.
roscoFJ73 said:
I thought they went out in early 90 when the 1HZ was introduced. Probably came from the Phillipines as a replacement for the plastic grill that falls to bits.

Thanks for the interest, guys. Well, don't really know much about these vehicles 'cept for inputs from you guys and that it's a shame if I don't give them special attention. Yep, 5x5.5 bolts. They were delivered to us in '99 as is. Both have 1HZ motors, 6 cyl diesel (not turbo). The other one (not in photo), looks like the one in the first post, with black plastic grill. Don't see anything wrong with the black grill tho'.

beanz2 said:
Bolkow, would you check how they attached the lower two grille mounting bolts? These don't exactly line up when you transplant an older grille to the 78/79 series (and vice versa).
OK I'll check on them soon as the vehicles are back. They're out roaming Port Au Prince looking for bad guys. :D
'nother thing, the cruiser in the photo has a somewhat different trim on the front turning lights from the one with the black grill.

Last edited:
More photos

Don't exactly know what to look for but everything seems to line up. Some more photos here and probably you could tell me what they are.

bolkow said:
'nother thing, the cruiser in the photo has a somewhat different trim on the front turning lights from the one with the black grill.

The chrome grills are off earlier models such as the BJ73/74 FJ/HJ75.
The front turning lights come with that grill.
The pics definately confirm the models as 78 series.

They are from a batch of 600 troopys the Australian bought in the late 90s

After comparing he 75 and 78/79 series grills close up I think Toyota are getting us ready for the Surf look.:D

Ill bet the next model has a grill and turning lights as a complete unit:princess:

Yup, the metal grill stopped in 12/89.

Definitely HZJ78's from the antenna location.

These are the bolts I was referring to, bolkow:
6c32.jpg

crushers said:
don't know, the one is a 78 series but the other seems to be a PZJ troopie...

We never got a 1PZ in an aussie spec troopy.

30Jul2005 (UTC +8)

Hey Bolkow! Please do extend my regards to the Philippine troops out there :D Tell 'em all to come home in one piece.

To help you out a bit on identifying parts, download the 1995 Toyota EPC (Electronic Parts Catalog CDs) from http://www.yankeetoys.org/Docs.htm .

Better yet, get a BitTorrent client for your PC and start downloading the 2002 Toyota EPC on DVD (see https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=53976). I can't tell you to how install it yet though, as I still have a few more days left before I'm done downloading it. :(

Last edited:
beanz2

The grill mounting bolts you were referring to lined up perfectly as I see it and looks stock. :confused: But I need to have it taken apart to be sure. Have to do it with the next oil change. Vehicles are kinda busy in daily personnel movement.

Ey drexx

Glad to hear somebody from home chiming in. News is, they're sending 200 more Phil troops here for some real serious stuff during the elections. I'll tell the guys you said hello.

Thanks for the links. I checked out your thread. Sorry, have no clue on most of the techy talk. Not even sure if the computer here can support BitTorrent requirements. From what I hear, might take me weeks downloading it. I'll try the yankeetoys first and see if it fits my needs. If not, I'll hold one of the UN Pinoy hackers at gunpoint for tech support. If that doesn't work, I'll PM you for help. :D

Have a good one.

02Aug2005 (UTC +8)

bolkow said:
... I'll try the yankeetoys first and see if it fits my needs. If not, I'll hold one of the UN Pinoy hackers at gunpoint for tech support. If that doesn't work, I'll PM you for help. :D

You know what, once I install this new EPC, why don't you just PM your address and I'll send you the DVD. Want the instructions in translated to Tagalog? :D

Epc Dvd

drexx
that would be great, will make my job so much easier, appreciate it very much. PM you my address. no need to translate :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom