Wanted Need one barrel 1bbl FJ40 carb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for a one barrel FJ40 Aisan SD-40 Carb for a pre '68 FJ40. I am interested in either a whole carb or parts carb as long as the site glass is intact.
Thanks!

:cheers:

Sorry I didn't have time to look for one today. Too much holiday weekend schtuff to do. No point in calling until I looked.

If you don't find one by Tuesday, give me another shout.:)

Thanks Mark! :D

Still looking for a site glass, and I also need the intake manifold. :doh:

Edit: The Insulator block is cracked, but manifold seems fine.

Last edited:
Got a 2 barrel carb off a 74 F with the 1 barrel adapter. Have the intake off the same as well.

Got a 2 barrel carb off a 74 F with the 1 barrel adapter. Have the intake off the same as well.

Will the 2 barrel work with the stock oil-filled air cleaner can?

Don't know.
Time to throw a curve to this post, In 1974 on my 1965 fj40 I installed a man-a-fre 4 into 1 header, delco dist. and a two barrell to one barrell aluminum adapter off the shelf from chevy carbs, and a Bendix Stromberg WW 2BBL carb. 22 MPG on the road, and excellant throttle response. Sold that FJ 40 when we moved to Alaska in 1977. I have had quite a few cruisers since then, but have not seen that 22 MPG. Those old F135's rock! Anyways---If you are not building a museum piece . A real driver can be built with simple parts.. There are other options availiable. HTH, John Pardi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom