Need More Power From my 4.5 EFI... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I recently purchased a 2000 Land Cruiser 4.5 V6. Done about 366000 Kms. The car has never been offroad and most of the kms is on the highway. Bought this car mainly to be my daily runner.

I have a few questions

1. Is there any way i can get more power from this engine, If so what are the things that needs to be done
2. I know i cannot have more power and better fuel economy at the same time but are there any ways i can get better fuel economy. Ps As soon as i bought the car i did change all the fluids and the filters.
3. Maintenance wise what are the things i have to keep in mind
4. I do have one slight problem with the transmission were it slips from 1st gear to 2nd gear and 2nd gear to 3rd gear. It is worse when its a cold start and at times it would take 10secs or more for it to shift and this is at partial throttle. Any possible idea on what could be causing this problem.

Thanks in advance

Wouldn't that be a 1fz-fe straight 6 (I-6) instead of a V6?

In the US, we don't see the 1fz-fe outside of the 80 series Land Cruisers. I know that there used to be some supercharger and turbo kits for the 1fz-fe in the 80 series. I assume that there would be something similar that would fit the 1fz-fe in a 100 series. I don't think I'd want to do that before addressing a high mileage engine and a slipping transmission.

I also have the 4500efi with the same transmission problem, I believe it's either an overheating issue or the wrong transmission fluid.
Our transmissions use Dexron 2 or 3 but the part stores no longer sell them and tell us to use T-IV as a substitute, I believe this fluid kills the transmission.You should first try an transmission fluid change with Dexron 3 if you can find it or Dexron 6.
The transmission issue will get worse with time although mine only slips when going from 2-3 and reverse.

Turbo kit will boost power and economy on the highway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom