Need help with Lokka (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m getting a rear Lokka installed in my’02 UZJ100 and am having some difficulties. The unit was in ther previously and worked flawlessly but was taken out due to a misunderstanding with the shop, upon taking it to another shop after install they tell me the vehicle won’t move unless the center diff is locked. This makes no sense to me, any help would be appreciated. The other issue I’m having is that the ATRAC stopped working and my traction control lights are on all the time, the shop claims it’s because the bulb is burned out for the”D” when you shift into drive. Does this make sense or is it more likely a wheel sensor?

I’m getting a rear Lokka installed in my’02 UZJ100 and am having some difficulties. The unit was in ther previously and worked flawlessly but was taken out due to a misunderstanding with the shop, upon taking it to another shop after install they tell me the vehicle won’t move unless the center diff is locked. This makes no sense to me, any help would be appreciated. The other issue I’m having is that the ATRAC stopped working and my traction control lights are on all the time, the shop claims it’s because the bulb is burned out for the”D” when you shift into drive. Does this make sense or is it more likely a wheel sensor?
Little of this makes sense, lol. The D light bulb does not affect anything other than the bulb.

If it won't move without the center diff locked, sounds like there's a problem with the connection from t-case to one of the prop shafts.

But... this is all info your shop should diagnose far better than we can without pictures or video or... being present. Is the shop capable? Or does the car need to get towed to a shop that knows what they're doing?

I also found it odd that they said the bulb had anything to do with the ATRAC. I’m hoping they just didn’t set the clearance properly in the diff to cause the problem. It’s hard to comprehend why the front diff needs to be locked to make the vehicle move unless they locked up the rear completely!?

Generally, with 3 open differentials, if one axle spins, you get no forward movement w/o the center diff lock engaged. I suspect that something isn’t quite right with the Lokka install.

I’ve seen no correlation between burned out “D” and ATRAC.

But as @suprarx7nut stated above, these are only guesses based on the information provided.

i could see the locker maybe causing an issue with the atrac but it sounds like there are other problems. sounds like it wasnt installed right or they forgot something on the install

install instructions are int he thread

The ATRAC worked perfectly on the first install and would lock the front up in deep snow which worked wonders with the Lokka in the rear. I’m trying to get more information from the shop to help troubleshoot the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom