Lokka locker install instructions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was able to pick up a lokka locker from a member and wanted to share the locker install instructions. I was unable to find them online and fortunately got all the paperwork in the box. there is a typo on some of the pages, where it says the clearances should be between 6-20 inches :eek: its actually .006-.020, just a slight difference. hope this helps someone out.

Attachments

• locker1.pdf
    467 KB · Views: 1,681
  • locker2.pdf
    397.5 KB · Views: 1,008
  • toyotafloterpic.pdf
    499.9 KB · Views: 889
  • floaterinstall.pdf
    466.1 KB · Views: 800
  • floater1.pdf
    264.9 KB · Views: 697
cant forget the c-clip axle guys

Attachments

• toyotacclip.pdf
    530 KB · Views: 535
  • clip1.pdf
    527.4 KB · Views: 412
so I finally got around to installing the locker and heres a few things to think about before install.

make sure you get all you gaskets, diff, axle, ect. of you forgot to order a paper gasket you can get away with using red fipg, if the paper gasket tares you can put a dab on red fipg over the tare and to good to go.

order two of each side gear thrust washer, you may need one or two of a different thickness and you wont find out until the diff is out and your checking your pinion cross shaft clearances. one of mine was too thick so I had to grind it down and refinish it to get the correct clearances and it was a huge pain in the ass.

check your clearances and check them again, you only want to do this once. if its too tight on the pinion cross shaft you just made yourself a spool, too loose and it will eventually shred its self. one note with the clearances if your tighter on the pinion cross shaft the locker will be quicker to lock up, looser on the tolerances will be easier to unlock and ratchet on turns.

if you use a lot of grease like I did to assemble the locker when you do the unlock test you may find that it wont unlock. you can always pull the diff cover or third again and with a screw driver open up the side gears and cams and it should pass the unlock test no problem. I had someone listen while I drove around the lot and listen for the locker to ratchet. I expect it to unlock easier once all the grease has washed out of the teeth of the gears.

ya I was able to get mine used new in box for a little over 200, new their about 300-350. there are other lockers of similar design that are around the same price

After several months, what has your experience been w/ the lokka locker? In my research, sounds like the driver really has to get accustomed to the drive difference and feel. I'm thinking about picking up both front and rear. However, the 100 series is all time 4WD and and requires a part time conversion removing and or forcing it to rear 2wd unless transfer case engaged to 4LO. Thanks - Alex

I don't even notice it, it will clunk occasionally is certain situations like in parking lots but other than that no noise from it. its in a big heavy 4wd truck so it will be less noticeable than if it were in a pickup. I would just start with the installing the rear, youll gat plenty of added traction from the rear and you may find that you don't even need to do the front. personally I would go for a selectable in the front so you can keep the 4wd and not go to part time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom