Need help to install tranny & engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I woule be willing to pay or give parts to help install my engine and tranny into my 76 fj40. I have all the tools needed. I have been trying for 3 days and have given up. Any takers?

Too far for me. Good luck David.

Tell us what your hold up is and we can suggest a workaround or solution.

I cannot align the trany engine. I had it to wear the engone mounts were about 1/2" from being centered and could not punch it home. I tried the bolts as guides but the tranny has shifted and holes will not align up. I tried moving tanny back and cannot move it. I am just frustrated.

I am free but I don't know if I can head up this weekend my wife is leaving for Phoenix this weekend funny enough so it all depends on her schedule.

Take a deep breath. Regroup.

Glad to see you posting for help instead resorting a frustrated sale. If you want to sell it take a moment when collected and list out things in an organized manner and well written ad. Not knocking you but the add now reads poorly and doesn't represent well what is actually there. Its not too much to list it just sounds like you are frustrated and giving up but a better ad will yeild better results for you.

That said hopefully you can get her fixed up and running to enjoy.... too close now to throw in the towel.

SSLBO ..... standard sleazy low ball offer applies. Ill give ya 2 grand :) and thats not to stir the pot; its just all i got and and a running joke all in good fun. (wait for the two weeks jokes now)

Last edited:
Yeah you are right. I am so frustrated and I just wanted it gone. Maybe jdayment can help me get her up and going.

My cost if free I am more than willing to help I would rather see a cruiser up and running locally than sent off to some other place. I will eventually be putting a new 2F in my 60 when I can figure out the time to do it so I will just ask for your help when the time comes. :)

couple points / questions...

1) are you trying to install the entire thing together? Engine, trans and tcase? I have never tried all in one shot. Always engine and belhousing first, then trans and tcase together next. Just recently it took me a decent amount of time and cussing to get the trans/tcase mounted. Once I figured out my issue, she slid right in.

2) have you removed the front bumper?

3) does your engine hoist have an extendable pole (that sounds wrong) and leveler?

Like Jason said...take a deep breath. If I can install and engine solo the first attempt then ANYONE can!

Yeah you are right. I am so frustrated and I just wanted it gone. Maybe jdayment can help me get her up and going.

@jfz80, have you considered becoming a therapist? David, if you and @jdayment can't get it worked out then maybe a few of us from Greenville/Upstate Cruisers can come up and maybe help.

@jfz80, have you considered becoming a therapist? David, if you and @jdayment can't get it worked out then maybe a few of us from Greenville/Upstate Cruisers can come up and maybe help.

If this works for @David Hollenback why don't we plan for the weekend of the 29th this way everyone can plan to help and I know I can 100% commit to that weekend and we can get as many people together as we can.

No but i did send a message to my partner about a wrenching road trip but while my name may be free my services cannot afford to be :D

Hopefully he can get a gameplan together. The drop back and punt would be to contact marshall at trollhole cruisers in simpsonville sc and see what type of timeframe and budget he would be looking at to take a look at it.

David i think you will need to define what end goal you desire before getting a accurate price. Landed in chasis bolted together or up and running. Huge difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom