Need Help Finding Brake Caliper Torque Spec. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was doing some PM on my truck today with my son. I told him to remove the brake rotors on my Land Cruiser so i could teach him the correct way to clean, inspect, re grease, and reinstall/tighten a set of wheel bearings.

Problem is, my son made the mistake of removing one of the lower bolts that holds the 2 half's of the brake caliper together. He though that bolt was the lower bolt that held the caliper to the axle housing.

The good thing is, the caliper didn't start leaking fluid. The FSM doesn't show disassembling the brake caliper into 2 separate half's, so my FSM doesn't have a torque spec for that bolt.

Now i know i could just tighten that bolt till it's "good and tight" or i could use a generic torque value for a bolt that size off the web, but I'd rather use the approved Toyota torque spec, if anyone knows what it is.

Looking at a spare caliper it appears to be a 4T flange head bolt with no marks. The Introduction section of a 96 FSM, last two pages (IN-39/40), there's a list of Standard Bolt Torque Specs. HTH's

Last edited:
Thanks Kernal, I'll grab my FSM and look in the Introduction section for that torque spec information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom