Need help figuring out which part I need (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StaticTorque

SILVER Star
Threads
Back a year ago and some change when I had the pre purchase inspection done on my LC the gentleman said, "R/H tie rod end has slight play in it." Im putting an order in on Amayama and was going to order one. But I can't figure out which one it is. This is the part number I think it is 45045-69065. But I also don't know if its the one in front of the axle, or behind the axle. I have a picture of both down below to show.

6214B0A8-DD41-43A8-8727-BD55B559C626.jpeg

B529C98B-6E49-456C-9607-5D323D96B8E2.jpeg

Tie rod is behind the axle on an 80 series (ties the wheels together).

Relay rod is in front of the axle (relays the power from the steering wheel and steering gear box so you can turn).

Right hand side is the passenger side on a US market Land Cruiser.
Well thank you! I now know the reason why they are called each! Much appreciated! So if I’m ordering off Amayama, does that mean I’d want the LH side one…?

You want this -
Handle the whole schpeel with good parts.

edit:full disclosure - I have the non-zerked models AND failed to 'paint' them 2 years ago. Now, while a smidge surface rusted (chevy orange) for their age, no issues to report.
Good parts in my book.

When you say one of the 4 ends, does referring to the Relay rod ends and the Tie rod ends?
Yes. As pictured above with the part numbers.
2 ends for the relay rod (22mm thread)
2 ends for the tie rod (24mm thread)
Each pair has 1 left hand thread and 1 right hand thread, hence the different part numbers.

Yes. As pictured above with the part numbers.
2 ends for the relay rod (22mm thread)
2 ends for the tie rod (24mm thread)
Each pair has 1 left hand thread and 1 right hand thread, hence the different part numbers.
Welp... one of them is permanently out of stock lol lucky me

Just did this with the @cruiseroutfit 555 TREs. Left hand thread goes on left (US driver) side of the vehicle for both the relay rod and the tie rod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom