Need Help DVD/NAV 2006 LC

Hey All,

I was trying to use a mp3 cd but the dvd player will not read it;? is there a way to use home made cds with factory system? :confused:

Thanks,

Z

Website
www.motobasedadventures.com
not sure on the newer model, but i know if my 2000 LX didnt play MP3 cds...you sure as heck cant ;)

:D

For anyone with 98-02 I recommend aftermarket setups...they look stock when done correctly.

Yeah, i am really contemplating this, but the Crutchfield folks say it cant be hooked up easily! Hmmm I am an electrical retard, so i will wait for someone else to try it first! :D

h500iDAX001-f_mtp.jpg

o and crutchfield just said that becausethere isn't a plug and play harness avaliable for our cars so you have to splice the factory wiring. not a big deal since you woul never want to put the oem stuff back in

Could it be the software I'm using? or I have the dvd changer, not the single in dash unit?
I will make another and try again? Also I wouuld like to add a pair of alpine 7 monitors for headrests?

Thanks for all the help guys!

Z

Last edited:

meh....i just looked it up...didnt apply to my truck,

Could it be the software I'm using? or I have the dvd changer, not the single in dash unit?
I will make another and try again? Also I wouuld like to add a pair of alpine 7 monitors for headrests?

Z

It COULD be the software your using...that is a slight possibility. Check your programs "burning" options in the preferences screen. Your sure that it WILL play MP3s correct? I have no experience with the toyota/lexus oem radios with MP3 CDs except for in the FJCruiser.

Z

I have a 2006 and mp3 cds play just fine. All of mine were downloaded from itunes, too.

Fly, what software are u using? do you have the dvd changer or in dash cd player?

Thanks,

Z

When I bought my '06 LC used in December, I tried an MP3 but the player wouldn't recognize it. I have the usual factory nav system with the console changer. The system will play DVDs, which I think requires it to be able to decode MP3 audio. However, I found no indication in any of the manuals that it will play MP3s. After seeing this thread, I tried another MP3 disc (a commercial, published MP3 disc, not one I burned.) It was also not recognized.

Is it possible that in the USA MP3 capability was enabled for the LX but disabled for the LC?

Okay, is there a code or trick to make it read burned cds???
Also what software are u guys using somestimes that makes all the difference?

Thanks,

Z

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom