NEED HELP!!! Cruiser on last leg (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've heard that the centerforce requires harder pedal push to opereate and is tougher to smoothly engage. Most of the guru's out there rec' the OE Toyota clutch as the one to use.

I had my AC done 3 years ago so I assume the cost of R12 has gone up more since then but the talk I've read says that R12 in the old Cruiser AC system works better than the replacement 134a (?) when a conversion is done. If you live in a hot place where you need the barely adequate OE AC to wotk best, it might be worth having the thing charged with R12.

[quote author=cruiserhunter link=board=1;threadid=12643;start=msg116859#msg116859 date=1078703956]
What about center force clutch...is it stonger/better? 1, 2 or 3??? Is there one that fits h55? How much does the OEM clutch cost and what are the differences between the center force and oem clutch?
Thanks
[/quote]

The standard OEM clutch for the FJ60 works with both the 4 speed and the H55F 5 speed. Toyota parts are very good. This is what I installed when I put the 5 speed in my FJ60. While you are working on it, check the clutch hydraulic master cyl and slave cyl. this is the ideal time to add new parts if they are suspect. Call your Toyota dealer for a price - not as much as the Centerforce, IIRC.

BTW, your truck looks nice and clean... if you bought it at $6750 and it already had the 5 speed and suspension, I would say that you did well, even if you have to put a new clutch in it.

Mike S

I found a clutch kit for 180 and I got a shop that I use from time to time to replace the clutch et all and machine the flywheel for 260. Due to time constrants I can not attempt to drop my tranny as much as I would love to. Anyway thanks everyone for all your help . I really appreicate this forum and the info i have gained from it. I hope I am some day able to help someone like ya'll have helped me. thanks again

Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom