Need a source for rubber inner fender shields/liners for my '83? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My year-long preservation/restoration of my '83 4x4 is nearly complete. One thing I'm missing are most (not all) of those thin rubber "shields/liners" that attach to the inner fenders and hang down to about the frame rails. These are missing on 3 of my 4 inner fenders.

Does anyone know of a source for these??? I've tried searching the internet, but no luck so far. I suppose I might be able to cut some out of a rubber sheet, but I don't even know where to get the rubber sheet! Please HELP if you can!

P6100012.JPG

EPDM rolled rubber roofing material

a blue point gasket punch set to make the round holes

toyota should still have the push pin retainer clips instock to secure it / them

I had to make my own, to accommodate the SAS and the 1" body lift. I used some stiff cardboard to make templates, then got some heavy rubber sheeting from McMaster-Carr, it worked awesome. I wish I had the part number for the stuff. I tried to get some rolled roofing material, but everything I found had a huge brand logo on it, would have looked terrible. I cut it with a nifty scissors attachment for my oscillating multi tool, nice clean cuts. Punched out the holes with a gasket punch.

^^^ These are awesome but I don't see any close enough to try for the OPs '83 or my '81.

I ordered one sheet of the stuff in the eBay link I posted above, the thinner material is more like stock and the OEM pins hold it to the inner fender better than the 1/8" stuff.

One would need two sheets of it to make both sides.

I looked at Rad designs stuff, and finding nothing useable, I've decided to make my own like Pacer did.

Thanks for the link Pacer.

At the moment I'm dealing with the need for a new radiator. Always something that needs attention.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom