NAV TO NON NAV CONVERSION 03 YEAR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys so I know there are a few threads on this just none that seem to cater to my year. So I figured it would be good to help other also hahah. I have a 2003 gx470 nav model. I want to convert it to non nav and I bought the correct model ac controls per this other forum. " Tak555 " @Tak555

I purchases the one in yellow writing, now I have seen a video on this conversion but at the end of the video it was stated that it was different for the 03 models. wanted to hear some input on it and any advise on it

I am also looking for someone to possible point me into the right direction of somewhere or someone i can buy the oem harness that connects to the black square behind the oem radio to change the harness or an aftermarket harness for if needed.

Video below.

I also then saw this video that confused me a lot when I saw the dual screen set up

" Below are the OEM Lexus part numbers for the non-nav climate controls, listed by production year... (I lifted this directly from @theferg post below... he is also a great resource for this conversion!). It is essential that you get the right part number, otherwise the controls won't work properly.
88650-60770 (11/2002 - 10/2004) (folks have also seen an 88650-60B50 for these years as well)
88650-60771 (11/2004 - 07/2005)
88650-60772 (08/2005 - 12/2005)
88650-60773 (01/2006 - 07/2009) "

I am also looking for someone to possible point me into the right direction of somewhere or someone i can buy the oem harness that connects to the black square behind the oem radio to change the harness or an aftermarket harness for if needed.

I'm at this stage in the conversion, very interested in this answer. I bought a Android headunit with CANBUS adapter but unable to get the headunit to power on. Assuming that black square is the missing piece here.

Did you ever find an answer to this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom