My "new" 2007 FJ Cruiser

Discussion in 'FJ Cruiser' started by fjdemon, Jul 23, 2018.

1. fjdemon

fjdemon

It was making the headliner wet so well above the ac components. Looks like a tiny bit of water on the a pillar, more on the b pillar, and then a lot behind the b pillar. Like I said though, it’s bone dry now???

2. GWcruiser

GWcruiser

Media:
    Albums:
    Yeah - water physics is fun. Water moves around. Water can come in through the firewall, and then evaporate only to condense on a rear quarter panel.

Next time you see a damp spot inside; run the A/C on recirculate - 15 minutes should do it - and then look for a wet spot on the ground outside the truck.

fjdemon likes this.
  3. fjdemon

fjdemon

This was definitely a roof or window leak. I’m talking completely wet roof liner. I’m thinking it was either the door seal or windshield and some one in a million angle that I parked at. It’s been like Seattle here for the last 24 hours and it’s bone dry...... so weird. I wish I had taken a photo of it now.

The ac works as it should; I always have the condensation under the vehicle. Nothing on the floor wa wet either. Maybe something got in between the door seal? No idea, I’m baffled. I know the roof was the issue before because it happened every time it rained befor I pulled the rack off and changed the mastic washers.

I might get a hose or and blast it when the weather clears up.

4. GWcruiser

GWcruiser

Media:
    Albums:
    Okay ... lol.

5. fjdemon

fjdemon

We've had tons of rain. No leaks to date. I am still puzzled as to what was causing the issue. Oh well! as long as it's done with. I got some silicone spray and wiped down all the door seals. I have found this helps keeping your door rubbers from sticking to the metal door frame in the winter when we get the freezing rain, snow, etc.

6. fjdemon

fjdemon

Serviced my rear diff and t-case yesterday.

T-case was pretty clean, looked almost new.

The rear diff however was fairly nasty. Not a lot of metal on the magnetic drain plug, but the fluid was dark. It was a little bit pressurized when I opened the fill plug so I knew the breather wasn't working properly. I ended up having to replace the axle vent.

I would recommend you all check this vent bc if it's not working it can cause pressure build up and cause gaskets to fail.

7. fjdemon

fjdemon

8. fjdemon

fjdemon

I don’t have seat airbags so tossed these on. Brand new so still a little wrinkled, but fit excellent.

A8301168-A50E-4694-888A-C8799EA74B2F.jpeg 0F3C3B45-5AEE-4676-B07D-4261088A82A2.jpeg

9. BMThiker

BMThiker I aim to misbehave Moderator SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    That driver side looks like an ill-fitting hairnet. Does it not tuck into the plastic molding like the factory seat covers?

10. fjdemon

fjdemon

Haha I didn’t try. It doesn’t bother me as long as the seat portion is tight and not slipping around. I’ll investigate and get back to you on that once I look more.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.