My latest build thread ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So where are the bags you ask??

Here's a shot of one upside down gettin' the fiberglass extensions sploomed on.

They use some kinda 3M product to glue 'em together that only Clutchee could possibly understand ... and a few bolts that we can all understand. :D

:flamingo:
20111213_bag.jpg

Is your junk going to be done for your ride...

Reckon so ...

Here's a nice pic of some parts and pieces back from the paint booth. :clap:

The inner fairin' is the obvious deal. But had the mirrors painted as well.
And the tweeters for the Hogtunes stereo unit.

New boom-boom stereo consists of the new tweeters shown, replacement fact'ry speakers and a big-ass amp. Plus satellite radio that works off the fact'ry controls on the handlebars. Hi-tech and way cool. :cool:

20111220_new paint.jpg

Here's a shot of the Arlen Ness Jet-Eye taillight and turn signals. Most Folks just bolt these on and call it good ...

That ain't gonna cut it for me. :grinpimp:

20111220_taillights.jpg

Here's a shot of the bags that show where the super-pimpin'-cool turn signals have been frenched in.

The wirin' uses a fact'ry Harley plug so can remove the bags when needed. :cool:

20111220_bags.jpg

Here's how my ass looks ... :cheers:

Taillight and turn signals frenched in. :cool:

If'n I can bolt it on ... it ain't custom. This s*** IS custom. :bounce2::bounce2:

20111220_stern.jpg

Puttin' the front-end back together. :beer:

All wirin' for both ends of the handlebars was done relocated inside the handlebar tubes ... nice and clean now.

Attention to detail is what's gonna get the hot chicks to ride with me. :grinpimp:

Swapped out the control buttons and brake levers with chrome pieces. Had the divider piece 'tween the main mirrors and the spot mirrors painted red to boot.

More to come ...

20111220_inner fairing.jpg

Here's a shot from the front ...

Hard to see the new Kuryakyn drivin' lights and turn signal units. :meh:

Tight fit in the fairin' now with the new stereo unit, satellite radio unit, and electronic antenna. :beer:

20111220_inside fairing.jpg

looking good!

Thank you gentlemen. :cool:

In the "can't leave well enough alone" category ...

Replaced the fac'try air shocks with a set of of 940 Ultra Touring Shocks from Progressive Suspension.

Haul me some fat chicks now! :grinpimp:

20111221_shocks.jpg

Get a lil' better view now of the new drivin' lights/turn signals. Bike's in a corner of the shop so hard to get a really good pic of the front end. :meh:

Not only is the radio antenna now in the fairin' ... so's the Satellite radio antenna. :cool:

20111221_bow.jpg

Slight delay tryin' to get my ass to look right. :grinpimp:

In order to try to get some smoother lines, took the billion-dollar Vance & Hines exhaust pipes and turned 'em upside down by weldin' all new mountin' tabs on 'em. Now the tips line up really sweet with the slopin' lines of the bags. :clap:

You can see they got a piece of metal tubin' that allows for a 1/2" air gap all around the tailpipe. This is gonna be the key piece to provide a perfect circle and provide the transition from the metal and fiberglass. To be continued ...

20111221_stern.jpg

Here's a look where we stood late this afternoon. The metal work 'round the exhaust tips is all that's left. This here pipe's gonna be cut and trimmed and made into a beautiful piece of art. I know this 'cause I done seen the other side that's finished out. :grinpimp:

Boys are gonna be workin' lil' late today 'cause the parts and pieces all gotta go to the paint shop tomorrow in order to meet my deadline. :eek:

Somebody should make a tee-vee show 'bout Folks buildin' bikes and crunchin' to make a deadline. :lol::lol:

20111222_exhaust.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom