My latest build thread ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KOWBOY

President
Threads
Website
www.elwoodwhitetrash.com
... and it's for my scooter. :lol::lol:

Y'all know I just can't deal with nuthin' in stock form. :meh:

Here's a few shots of 'er before she went in the shop.

:flamingo:
20111106_strbd.jpg
20111106_stern.jpg
20111106_bow.jpg

The only thang I had done to date is to put some LED lights to shine on the engine (biker trash version of rock lights) and swapped out the Gawd-awful stock seat.

Had the new, big-ass seat stripped down and put gel padding in place of the foam and then had a gator's hide sewn in. :cool:

20111106_seat.jpg

First thang the shop done was swap the 2-into-1 Screamin' Eagle exhaust to the Vance & Hines true duals with their patented "h pipe" crossover piece. Then put a K & N high-flow air cleaner and a programmable tuner so can make 'er run like she should.

Here's a shot of the crossover pipe. :cool:
20111123_strbd.jpg

The performance results are nuthin' short of amazin'. :cheers:

After 11 dyno runs, they got the tuner dialed in where they wanted it.

She went from 79.67 ft-lbs of torque to 91.20 and from 62.14 hp to 76.38 hp!

Helluva jump considerin' the innards of the motor are still bone stock and reliable. :cool:

Attachments

• dyno curve.pdf
    166.1 KB · Views: 126
With the engine done ... time to move on to some custom metal and paint work. :cool:

Here's how she looked yesterday in the shop. :eek::eek:

20111123_bow.jpg
20111123_stern.jpg

I'll swing by the shop once a week or so to get some more pics to appease all you diehard Harley Folks. :D

Build deadline is 31 December so I can debut 'er on the big local New Year's Day run. :cool:

Only thing that would make this story better would be an amusing anecdote.............about a key...

dont tell me, our President had a Senior moment and lost the darn key!

Orange jeep. Orange bike. I think someone's got some Longhorn love hidden in that Aggie heart.

:D

(I know the bike isn't orange - it just looks like that in the pics.)

Last edited:
(I know the bike isn't orange - it just looks like that in the pics.)

I can't figure out why the hell the scooter looks orange in these pics. :confused:

It's damn-near the brightest red I've ever seen. But you can see in the background that the Matco toolbox looks orange too. :meh:

Maybe it's my cheap-ass cam'ra. :rolleyes:

Swung by the shop Tuesday and basic'ly she looked the same. :meh:

Know the last batch of parts and pieces have done arrived so ever'thangs in the buildin'. Supposed to wrap up some of the fab work on the ass-end of 'er this week so should have some updates next week when I get back in town. :clap:

They got one month left to complete. :beer:

Here's the ass end ...

With the stock, Harley plastic piece removed from the fender and the metal piece welded in place.

White cardboard template on the inside of the exhaust will be made out of metal and shaped around the tailpipe as shown.

Brown cardboard template on the outside of exhaust will be shaped into the fiberglass extensions that will lower the bottom of the two bags.

This part of the project is the time-consuming part tryin' to get it all laid out.

Much more to come but they claim to be on schedule for an on-time delivery at the end of the month. :meh:
20111206_stern.jpg

Owner suggested I drop by today as well since they're pushin' to meet my deadline and there'd be some good progress to document.

He was right. :cool:

Here's a side shot of the fiberglass extensions for the bags from Klock Werks Kustom Cycles up in South Dakota.

I chose these over other brands due to the fact the bottom body line is horizontal so nice parallel line with the ground and they are designed to be molded to the factory bags so there ain't gonna be no visible seam when it's all said and done. :clap:

20111208_port stern.jpg

Here's the first rough cut of the fiberglass and the basic metal pieces on the back of the bike. The object for the final design is a continuous body line around the pipes with the fiberglass on the outside edge and the metal on the inside edge. :cool:

20111208_stern.jpg

So how many more cans of Coors can you get in there now? How bout some drain valves in the bottom of those so you can fill 'em up with ice?

:hillbilly:

I do like the way you think sir! :beer:

I've got a backrest for the bitch seat and a small rack that goes behind that ... with a Harley 6-pack cooler that fits perfectly on it. :D

Just in case the next bar is too far down the road. :cool:

Here's how the ass-end looks this evenin' ...

Lots of grindin' to smooth out the welds and the insert done inserted to french in the license plate. :cool:

These Fellas do some top-notch work. The walls of the shop are lined with magazine articles of all the bikes they've built. :clap:

20111213_stern.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom