Builds My "I'm not cool enough for a build thread" ...build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can change my own oil and I know the difference between flat head and Philips head screwdrivers. Other than that, I'm not the most handy guy in a garage so I rely on trustworthy independent Toyota shops, expedition shops and some experienced friends to get things done to my rig. I envy the skills and abilities of the many people here who seem to pull off amazing upgrades over a weekend....I'm not one of those guys. With that said, I thought I'd throw up a build thread now that I've accumulated a list of changes over the years that have really modified the vehicle.

Background: 2009 Land Cruiser bought new. Approximately 120,000 miles. I do some mild overlanding, camping, etc. in northern Arizona but not really any heavy offroading, climbing, etc. I had the ARB OME suspension changes and wheels/tires done about 3-4 years ago. After sustaining some minor damage in a highway sideswipe at the beginning of 2019, and with the paint really starting to suffer after 10 years I decided to do a full vinyl wrap and color change in conjunction with the bodywork that needed to be done post accident. FYI - The vehicle was previously black.

What's been done so far...

1. OME 2” Light/Medium Duty Suspension (OME2702 Front OME Coils, 91005 Front OME Nitrocharger Sport Struts, OME2722 Rear OME Coils (Pair), 61029 Rear OME Nitrocharger Sport Struts, OME661 - Rear Shock Guards (Pair), SPC Upper Control Arms (25465) (Pair)
  2. Rock Warrior Wheels w/ LT 285/70/17 BFG AT KO2 Tires
  3. Slee Sliders
  4. Rhino Rack Pioneer platform with Backbone rail setup
  5. Vinyl wrap (3M Satin Dark Grey) full vehicle, black out of grille, emblems, etc.
  6. LED headlight replacement (high and low beams) with Hikari Ultra LEDs and slight smoking/tinting of headlights
What's possibly next...
  1. Swapping interior lights for LEDs
  2. Removing one 3rd row seat (not both)
  3. Mounting an awning
  4. Dual battery setup
  5. ARB single side drawer and refrigerator

Last edited:
Looks gr8, how much $ is a full wrap?

It was about $3,500, but getting the grill, emblems, etc. painted was extra. I still think a wrap is easily about 50% the cost of a complete paint job.

Nice looks great. What about a before and after the wrap pic? I've considered doing a wrap myself. I need to take the rear wing off and either wrap it or paint it the clear coat is peeling.

Last edited:
Before...

I can change my own oil and I know the difference between flat head and Philips head screwdrivers. Other than that, I'm not the most handy guy in a garage so I rely on trustworthy independent Toyota shops, expedition shops and some experienced friends to get things done to my rig. I envy the skills and abilities of the many people here who seem to pull off amazing upgrades over a weekend....I'm not one of those guys. With that said, I thought I'd throw up a build thread now that I've accumulated a list of changes over the years that have really modified the vehicle.

Background: 2009 Land Cruiser bought new. Approximately 120,000 miles. I do some mild overlanding, camping, etc. in northern Arizona but not really any heavy offroading, climbing, etc. I had the ARB OME suspension changes and wheels/tires done about 3-4 years ago. After sustaining some minor damage in a highway sideswipe at the beginning of 2019, and with the paint really starting to suffer after 10 years I decided to do a full vinyl wrap and color change in conjunction with the bodywork that needed to be done post accident. FYI - The vehicle was previously black.

What's been done so far...

1. OME 2” Light/Medium Duty Suspension (OME2702 Front OME Coils, 91005 Front OME Nitrocharger Sport Struts, OME2722 Rear OME Coils (Pair), 61029 Rear OME Nitrocharger Sport Struts, OME661 - Rear Shock Guards (Pair), SPC Upper Control Arms (25465) (Pair)
  2. Rock Warrior Wheels w/ LT 285/70/17 BFG AT KO2 Tires
  3. Slee Sliders
  4. Rhino Rack Pioneer platform with Backbone rail setup
  5. Vinyl wrap (3M Satin Dark Grey) full vehicle, black out of grille, emblems, etc.
  6. LED headlight replacement (high and low beams) with Hikari Ultra LEDs and slight smoking/tinting of headlights
What's possibly next...
  1. Swapping interior lights for LEDs
  2. Removing one 3rd row seat (not both)
  3. Mounting an awning
  4. Dual battery setup
  5. ARB single side drawer and refrigerator
View attachment 1941988

View attachment 1941987

View attachment 1941989
Looks amazing and thanks for sharing the details, especially the wrap info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom