Events/Trails My first trip to Rausch Creek - A couple Pictures and short Vid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This was my first trip to Rausch Creek and my first time wheeling my Landcruiser... had a great time and learned a lot about the truck. Made some new friends and I'm looking forward to heading back once the weather is warmer!

I would also like to add some armor before heading back as well... at a minimum a set of sliders. Some of those trails were brutal! Luckily no damage besides a lightly dented tailpipe...

A picture at the beginning of the day and the second is on the first trail.
IMG_8603_r.jpg
IMG_8606_r.jpg

I would say sliders and skid, then worry about the other armor. Looks fun, ill make it there eventually.

Nice! went there in December. Awesome place. Gonna go for the Coal Mine Cruiser run? See you there if you do :) Check out my over the top vid from there in my signature :p

Last edited:
Love Rausch Creek
I go there a couple times a year
If you want to run the really hard stuff you will need sliders, skid plate not so much

Is that a Mitsubishi sticker on the side of your truck?
Thats no good

Love Rausch Creek
If you want to run the really hard stuff you will need sliders, skid plate not so much

Thats no good

I ran greens since it was my first time, there in December, gonna move up to blues...no rush for me.

kidglove13 said:
Love Rausch Creek

Thats no good

Sliders are on the top of the to-do list.

The truck is powered by a mitsu diesel engine...

kidglove13 said:
Oh that is right I forgot about your swap thread
How has the Mitsu diesel work out?

The swap is working out real well now that I've got the bugs sorted. Gets over 20mpg now, and considering the cold weather I'm good with that. Heck, it made it from south Jersey to Rausch, wheeled all day, and back on less than one tank. Still averaged over 17mpg on that trip.

Thats no good

I think he's got a Mitsubishi diesel engine under the hood, so it's OK :)

The swap is working out real well now that I've got the bugs sorted. Gets over 20mpg now, and considering the cold weather I'm good with that. Heck, it made it from south Jersey to Rausch, wheeled all day, and back on less than one tank. Still averaged over 17mpg on that trip.

Dam you suck:flipoff2:

For me to got to rausch and back it is many tanks of gas but it is oh so worth it.

If you can send me more info i'll see if i can work it out to be there!

Sweet vid btw

GCLC Home

Coal Mine Cruiser Classic
Rausch Creek Offroad Park
July 11-14, 2012

and thanks about the vid

Come to the meeting on Jan 28th in Jersey. All details will be discussed and the food will be worth the trip. Plus I want a chance to gawk at your truck.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/ny-gotham-city-land-cruisers/534284-annual-meeting-jan-28-a.html

Thanks for the link... that is the weekend of my daughters first birthday party, so it is unlikely I will make it.

Dam you suck:flipoff2:

For me to got to rausch and back it is many tanks of gas but it is oh so worth it.

Well, the high mileage combined with the 38 gallon long rage tank are what makes it possible. It was actually exactly 23 gallons when I filled up after I got home.

GCLC Home

Coal Mine Cruiser Classic
Rausch Creek Offroad Park
July 11-14, 2012

and thanks about the vid

That should be do-able... plenty of notice to sort out the logistics.

Super-

Awesome rig, that 4D sounds strong and seems to move the 80 well. I was collecting parts for a 4BT swap myself. I even drove the rig back to Jersey a few summers ago as I was going to do the swap at my high school buddies diesel shop.

Awesome truck!

Slight Highjack:

NJ/ PA/ NY

I have a diesel Cummins 4bt for sale in Jersey.... Also have trans adaptors... I grew up in central Jersey and the diesel is at my buddy's big rig diesel shop in Bound Brook, NJ (North East Fleet Services) The engine is for sale over in the diesel classifieds here if anyone is interested.

Sorry for the highjack just really want this to go to another mudder, and someone in the NE :)

-Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom