My Engine Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can't wait...I'll bring a cooler full of beer and some water to. I'll be up there as soon as Nick and I can.

zetasig said:
Shaping up guys, my brake hoses should be in today or tomorrow. I am picking up food today. Burgers, Brats, Dogs. Chips.

Also will get two kinds of beer for everyone, Cheap and Free.

Weekend looks good for camping, and bonfires.

http://www.weather.com/activities/d...etails.html?locid=43011&dayNum=2&from=weekend

Warren--we can do both of our brake lines, bleeding, and installing your windshield while we wait for everyone to show up...and of course drink a few :beer: :beer:

See you all Saturday.
-onur

beno said:
...and of course drink a few :beer: :beer:

See you all Saturday.
-onur

Sounds like a college kid, Beer drinking at 10 am:)

I picked up 2 cases of suds, 2 cases of pop, the diet pepsi is off limits (nicks)
Burgers, Brats, and some fresh corn on the cob. Chips. etc.

Getting the windsheild in would be great before everyone got there, and doing the brake lines. Should be pretty easy.

I will be signing off today at 4pm. After that call my cell. If you dont have it ask around to someone else coming.

Thanks Warren.

Where is this happening?

I had to bail on the LBL trip due to my back, but I could always make a road trip to watch others wrench. Might even learn something. Just don't ask me to lift anything heavier than 12 ounces ( 14 with a coozie)!

I could even drive my 69 40 with a 2F so you'll see how NOT to do it! Columbus is too far for a day trip, but Cincy or Dayton are possibilities.

Thom

Thom...this is happening near Columbus. Come up and throw up a tent and camp/drink after the swap.

phishtaco said:
Jim, thanks for the reply...It may be a little late for me to pick up anything else. I would like to move the alt. for future ps setup. Fan, well I only have the F fan so I maybe screwed there if that doesn't work, unless anyone else out there has one????? I have a 2F VCG on my current F and a few months ago you said it was in VCG, so hopefully it still is.
Will you be attending the festivities this weekend then?
Marty,
Yeah, I will be there after all. :bounce: :bounce2:

Fan options:
2F WP w/ fan & clutch
2F WP w/ direct drive plastic fan
F WP w/ direct drive metal fan and no oil cooler.

If you can't find a fan to bolt on the engine this weekend, you can always install everything else and leave the fan off for a while. The engine can be run for 10 minutes w/ no fan. Time enough for adjusting carb, setting timing, driving onto the trailer.

See you tomorrow. :cheers:

Jim, thanks for coming and helping. I just might learn something!

Camping is out for me

If my back was OK, I'd be wheeling at Land Between the Lakes this weekend. No way I'm going to sleep anywhere but my bed for the next couple of weeks. That way, I should be OK to get to Vinton County.

The whiplash crack is pretty good, but I really dread sneezing right now. Definitely shoots some pain up the old spine!

Good luck with the swap and hoist a couple of cold ones while you're at it.

You can drink the pain away...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom