My Choices for Powder Coating (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After many threads and dozens of samples I have decided to use the following on my 1980 FJ40. The ambulance door access panel is original. It has never been painted. The light hood for the license plate holder is new OEM. The sample also matches the new front bumper I purchased.
The gray for the access cover, door handle, roll bar, and seat backs is RAL 7043 "Traffic Grey B".
The silver for the light hoods, bumper, mirror arms, gauge cluster bezel, bumperettes, and glove box door is Prismatic Powders "Steel Silver" PMB 5208 / Metallic.

My FJ40 Powdercoat Colors Gray #1.JPG

My FJ40  Powdercoat Colors Gray #2.JPG

My FJ40 powdercoat Colors Silver #1.JPG

Did you compare that silver to the stock silver? I thought that the "Vegas Gold" prismatic powder was a closer match as the oem color has a slight champagne hue to it. I bought the "Vegas Gold" but haven't sprayed any yet.

Did you compare that silver to the stock silver? I thought that the "Vegas Gold" prismatic powder was a closer match as the oem color has a slight champagne hue to it. I bought the "Vegas Gold" but haven't sprayed any yet.
To my eye, based on a new, still in the wrapper, OEM bumper I purchased, the "Steel Silver" matches better. I probably ordered a dozen samples from Prismatic colors before I made my decision.

@tstepp920 how did it all turn out? Vegas Gold is out of stock.

My choice based on at least 17 samples of grey and 18 samples of silver from Prismatic Powders
I chose:
"Steel Silver" PMB 5208 / Metallic for the silver parts gauge cluster bezel, glove box door, etc.
"Gravel Grey" PSS 6509 / Solid Tones ( This sample matched RAL 70543 'Traffic Grey B") for rollbar, seat backs, ambulance door hard ware.
I powder coated all parts of each color at the same time.
I am very pleased and would not change.

I ordered as many new “pewter” parts as were available directly from Toyota. There were at least 3-4 different shades of silver across the parts, even a pair of mirrors looked different when next to each other.
Exactly. I used the new OEM bumper and license plate light shades as my guide. So...it may not match someone else's but it matches mine.

My choice based on at least 17 samples of grey and 18 samples of silver from Prismatic Powders
I chose:
"Steel Silver" PMB 5208 / Metallic for the silver parts gauge cluster bezel, glove box door, etc.
"Gravel Grey" PSS 6509 / Solid Tones ( This sample matched RAL 70543 'Traffic Grey B") for rollbar, seat backs, ambulance door hard ware.
I powder coated all parts of each color at the same time.
I am very pleased and would not change.

I am getting my seat backs, frames done and rear bumperettes. I always thought seat backs and frames were Vegas Gold or Steel Silver?

Sounds good I might try the steel silver as it’s in stock

Any pictures of the parts done in this colour? @tstepp920

I couldn’t figure out how to attach the link so I just sent the title. I’m IT challenged

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom