My C1340 vsc trac off lights fix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just figured I'd pass along a relatively easy fix. My new to me 2006 lx470 would sometimes throw vsc/trac off lights on the dash when I'd engage the center diff lock or go into 4wd low.

The trouble code turned out to be pretty accurate. Problem with center diff lock circuit. I replaced the center diff lock sensor with a "Beck Arnley 201-1788 Back Up Lamp Switch" bought from Amazon for 20$ (got that hint from another thread I can't re-find at the moment). It's pretty tight in there but I managed to swap it out removing nothing but the lower engine tray and the sensor itself.

When I checked the old sensor, it would sometimes show no resistance when pressed and sometime show 8k ohms or so. The new sensor was either open circuit or like 2 ohms.

Viola, no more issues. ATRAC works every time and no more vsc trac off lights. Just figured I'd pass it along.

My dude, do you have a more in depth removal/Installation process? I'm having the same issue!

Which is also the original link I found that pointed me to the cheaper part.

Well, looks like the link in that thread to the walkthrough is dead. This link: Yeti’s Cryptid Hundy Build seems to have a decent description and more links in the the second post down. Hope it helps! It's not a crazy difficult job, just a tight spot. I managed it without anything more complicated than a large wrench and channel locks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom