My 75 FJ40 build up thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sweet build awesome work. Any ideas on what the Engine and transmission weighs ?

Not sure of the actual weight but I'm thinking it about 1200lbs for the entire drivetrain.

I just realized that I haven't updated the page in a while as I'm missing pics of the Warn 8274 on the front. Got a few changes to do this winter to keep the girls at home happy so I guess I'll have to update at some point.

Complety forgot a few pics from last winter (2017-2018) projects. I managed to get my Warn 8274 installed. Got it used for $250. Did a little cleanup and a few upgrades (Albright solenoid, Gigglepin upgraded brake, 100' of synthetic winch line). Created a new bumper and a custom license plate holder with intergrated winch controler socket.

Also got a chance to do a little off-roading.

The addiction is still very present and I have a few projects for this winter. Realized that my new transmission cross-member was not quite good enough (used the old rubber mount which ended up being a bad decision). So I found the proper poly mount for my combo and decided to rebuild the cross-member and add a skidplate to protect the bottom of the transfer case.

Also, my wife and daughter finlay admited to me that the rear Bbench seat was not comfortable and that's why they didn't enjoy riding in the cruiser. So I'm in the process of replacing the rear bench with a set of buckets from a Chevy Aveo. Had to cut everything out , seperate the battery boxes and rebuild the center section. Stay tuned for the finish install.

estop

Hey Crusty it's been a while since I've looked at this thread. Didn't even realize that I was missing some finished photo's of the interior. The has been on the road for a while now. Took it to the Coal Mine Cruiser Classic in 2019. Been having transmission issue lately but with changes houses haven't really had the chance to look at it. Got a spare trans that I plan on rebuilding and then swapping out sometime in the next month or two. The 40 has been working hard on my new property in the country using it to skid logs for my firewood. Doing what is was meant to do ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom