Multiple double cardan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ809496TLC

80 series addict
Threads
Anybody using this on their rig front and/or back?

Delancy has or had one upfront. Did you get the new tires installed?

Not yet. The rest of the rims just came in yesterday. I'll have them mounted hopefully Saturday when I get back.

This might be the better option for my rear ds vibration issue on one of my 80 with the 6" lift.

I am. Dbl in front and dbl, dbl in back. It fixed my vibration problems associated with a 4" lift when NOTHING else would.

image-593421539.jpg

I am. Dbl in front and dbl, dbl in back. It fixed my vibration problems associated with a 4" lift when NOTHING else would.

Thanks. I'll take my rear dc shaft and have them modified to a double-double dc.

It was custom made in Gresham, Oregon. If you need contact information, let me know. I can get it to you on Monday.

Here's another shot of it.

image-3784178645.jpg

Great,thanks.

I would love to have that info as well if you do not mind.

FJ809496TLC have you checked locally with C&T Driveshaft, they have r&r both my LX and my 4Runner, happy with their service. I have not had them make a new shaft, but they did a bang up job on mine. - George

So you aren't getting any vibration with the double DC? Tom Woods and another shop both said they could build me a double DC but said they could almost guarantee it would cause vibration... not solve it

...via IH8MUD app

FJ809496TLC have you checked locally with C&T Driveshaft, they have r&r both my LX and my 4Runner, happy with their service. I have not had them make a new shaft, but they did a bang up job on mine. - George

Thanks George. That is where I'm planning to take the dc shaft Monday or Tuesday. They have been in that place for a while.

Yes, I asked around last year and their name kept coming up so I took them Toyota u-joints and they replaced and balanced the shafts. Was happy with them so I brought them the shafts from my '88 4Runner and had them do the same. Great service and I have no problem recommending them.

So you aren't getting any vibration with the double DC? Tom Woods and another shop both said they could build me a double DC but said they could almost guarantee it would cause vibration... not solve it

...via IH8MUD app

Theres a reason Cadillac used this same design in their old rear wheel drive cars....

Double cvs are naturally self canceling on both ends so you can run mismatched angles with no vibration. Just have to be aware and keep them lubed.

dude you hardly have any lift from what i see you might be geting vibs from the front drive line in fact the pic i saw you dont need a cv at all unless the rear end isnt in line with the transfer case youre pinion angle also has to be negative 1 to negative 3 degrees if more or less youll get vibes

I just welded a bunch of toilet snake cables together and suspend them with zipties. Works great and allows any misalignment you can dream of

Hah! All I can think about is this when I think of that...

Matrix_Sentinel_by_kehlan.jpg

Theres a reason Cadillac used this same design in their old rear wheel drive cars....

Double cvs are naturally self canceling on both ends so you can run mismatched angles with no vibration. Just have to be aware and keep them lubed.

I'm just repeating what they told me. They had the chance to sell me an $1100 driveshaft but recommended against it. I understand the purpose that's why I wanted one :beer:

...via IH8MUD app

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom