Muffler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody have any idea what this muffler is for? It came with my 1977 45 when I bought it and I assumed it was for the 45. Its older but never been on. I went to put it on today and the inlet end flange was right but the tail pipe end was not even close. I couldn't find anything on Walkers site using the numbers on it. A 40 maybe?
Muffler 1.jpg
Muffler 2.jpg

I think I answered my own question by looking on SOR. Looks like a late 70's 40 oem style that goes across behind the rear axle.

Last edited:
here is a brand new OEM muffler for a US spec 82 fj40

Toyota still sells a black muffler for late 60-mid 70's Cruisers, its really cheap, $55, got one someplace, going to use it on my 45LV I think

That is pretty cheap for an oem muffler. Found a fellow mudder with a 40 that can use this one. Thanks.

Anybody have any idea what this muffler is for? It came with my 1977 45 when I bought it and I assumed it was for the 45. Its older but never been on. I went to put it on today and the inlet end flange was right but the tail pipe end was not even close. I couldn't find anything on Walkers site using the numbers on it. A 40 maybe?

Is that flange four sided or three? The 1/79 and later is three sided.

here is a brand new OEM muffler for a US spec 82 fj40

Toyota still sells a black muffler for late 60-mid 70's Cruisers, its really cheap, $55, got one someplace, going to use it on my 45LV I think

John could you get a picture of the bracket the tail pipe hanger bolts to. Working on putting my 79 exhaust back to stock and the muffler/tail pipe the PO installed uses a hanger that's closer to my stock exhaust on my 76. 82 frame I have has a bracket but only uses two of the three holes in that location on the frame.:hmm::meh:

I picked up the heat shield for the pre 75 muffler over twenty years ago. Believe only used from 72 to 74. Wish I would have bought a few instead of just one. Seventeen dollars comes to mind as to what it cost.

It's four sided. It is going to a fellow mud member with a 40.

think its for early to 74, its nothing exciting just a black tube type muffler.
17510 60070

the exhaust header pipe is also still available, its even cheaper

17401 60041

Do you have a partnumber for that muffler?

@Landpimp do you know if that downpipe goes from the manifold to the muffler and would it be appropriate for a ‘63 FJ45 SWB? I’ve seen another diwnpipe number 17401-60040 that’s available but no other info wrt model. I have to source the tailpipe or have one made in either case. Thanks for any info. The Toyota folks only know about stuff to ‘69 from their database.

I do not know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom