Muffler replacement options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had the shop order me a Magnaflow 12288
Sounds more throaty at idle and low revs. Slightly louder in general, but really unnoticeable. No drone at freeway speeds, but then again the tires (Falken WildPeaks) might be drowning out the muffler

Wished you asked earlier, I was at Moon Rocks two weekends ago.
All good dude and I run the same tires as you. I don't find them to be overly loud so would be nice to hear the truck a little more than anything else. Only time I really hear the muffler/engine is when I really hammer it. This was why I loved my old THRUSH Welded muffler on my FJ60.... gave an ever so slight rumble/grumble at idle and nice throaty sound around town and on the freeway but nothing that was obnoxious or overly loud or the like. Have been debating on if I want to order one and have the local shop install for me. Don't really have the time to do myself at the moment, let alone the space.

This is how mine looks like underneath the chassis.
The way you described the THRUSH muffler is very similar to the Magnaflow 12288, I can barely hear the muffler when WOT, more engine noise than muffler. You'll barely notice it with the windows up.

84E3D714-59AD-47D7-9BA1-2194287D11FD.jpeg
36F63687-2810-4148-83A7-3F7ED1D48717.jpeg

Other than the fact that the Thrush is like $60 max compared to the $100+ of the Magnaflow but I know people that love them regardless.

What does it sound like?
It’s not silent like stock but just sounds like you have a “performance “ exhaust on it. It’s kinda fun but on long drives my wife gets a little annoyed. The muffler shop was actually surprised how it sounded. I like it plus it covers up the small tick in the manifold that we’ve all grown to love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom