Mt Bolduc 2017 (May 26th Ladies Retreat Chaperones Needed)! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks. That time of year again. If you'd like to join me in chaperoning a group of women on a run up Mt. Bolduc on May 17th for our Women's Outdoor Adventure Camp that would be sweet. Probably 2-3 rigs would be sufficient.

We will be leaving our site (Camp Imadene) at 1:30pm...sharp, so plan to be here early. We will return before 5:30pm to site. We will roam around the crash site for a couple hours before heading home.

Here are some details:

1. Chaperone rigs need to be clean. No dogs/cats or presence thereof because of allergies please.

2. Chaperone rigs need to be able to take at least 2-4 passengers comfortably.

3. Chaperones need to act/speak like gentlemen (clean language, clean music, let the ladies do the talking...)

4. Come with a relatively full tank of diesel and I will top you up at the end. I only have clear diesel on site, my gasoline is marked unfortunately.

Please let me know if you'd be interested. I realize that with the stipulations it may not interest a few of you but I thought I'd throw it out there anyways.

Cheers!

@decoco, your question may give me reason to add a #5 to my list...;)

Guys keep it clean, I am not happy to see posts like this..

My truck is dirty and dog fir filled but I would helpout in other things like hauyling stuff...

Thanks Diesel Cruiserman. I'm not certain if I'll need anything hauled as it will be between meals and it's just a few hours. However, I do want to make sure there are at least a couple vehicles attending in case something does come up where a backup vehicle is needed.

As for the dog/cat allergies, this is not an absolute, it's just that I don't yet know if any of the women do indeed have allergies (so I wanted to error on the side of caution rather than epipens). I can ask the person coordinating the event if the presence of dog/cat odour is going to be an issue though.

Thanks Diesel Cruiserman. I'm not certain if I'll need anything hauled as it will be between meals and it's just a few hours. However, I do want to make sure there are at least a couple vehicles attending in case something does come up where a backup vehicle is needed.

As for the dog/cat allergies, this is not an absolute, it's just that I don't yet know if any of the women do indeed have allergies (so I wanted to error on the side of caution rather than epipens). I can ask the person coordinating the event if the presence of dog/cat odour is going to be an issue though.

Is it May 17th or May 26th? You have one date in the title and another in your first post...

GTSSportCoupe, good catch! It's Friday, May 26th. So, a week from today.

Well, John @ Radd and I took 8 ladies up to the crash site yesterday. About 1km from the top we encountered snow in random places along the road, and then completely covered the last half a km or so. I made it to the last half km point and then gave up. John, however, aired down to 3.5psi (fully locked) and kept on trucking. Took him a bit of effort (and skill!), but he persevered and made it to the top. Made me realize that having onboard air is a must moving forward...

One of the disadvantages of airing down to 3.5psi is that sometimes, well, your tire just unbeads itself. We caught it just as John was approaching the end of the solid snow on the way down so it was an easy re-bead. Gotta say, John's 60 is pretty sweet, all cable locked, Toyo M55's, onboard air, 12HT, etc...

My 74 tagged along after John blazed the trail and compacted some lines for me. I went down to about 10psi, but without being fully locked I didn't want to risk that last half a km as there were some sketchy angles that I know I wouldn't recover from if things went sideways.

IMG_6509.JPG
IMG_6511.JPG
IMG_6513.JPG

Great pictures, I'm glad to hear John was able to help out. Crazy there is still snow up there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom