Moving a shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJBen

SILVER Star
Threads
So we are buying a place that has a newly added shop. Metal/fab type of shop. It's a 30x50 shop, they basically used for hay storage and a truck.

The problem is where they put it. It's just in a bad spot. Is there anyway to move one of these semi easily? It's not on concrete, or even a concrete header that I can tell. Just anchored into the ground. It would be nice to move it on to a slab, put a lift in there and have a nice new cruiser shop. Not sure if thats easy or not.

41ae7ec6f823eeec78c9b07266f881e4l-m2842114648od-w1024_h768.jpg

So we are buying a place that has a newly added shop. Metal/fab type of shop. It's a 30x50 shop, they basically used for hay storage and a truck.

The problem is where they put it. It's just in a bad spot. Is there anyway to move one of these semi easily? It's not on concrete, or even a concrete header that I can tell. Just anchored into the ground. It would be nice to move it on to a slab, put a lift in there and have a nice new cruiser shop. Not sure if thats easy or not.

View attachment 2700815

The problem is, these do do not have any structural rigidity, it's going to flex a lot no matter how you move it. The only way would be to jack it up a bit at a time and get some long timbers underneath and get the whole thing on a house-moving trailer. Even that might not work. I'd be afraid the bolts/screws holding everything on would start popping when it flexes.

Congratulations on the new place in any event.

The problem is, these do do not have any structural rigidity, it's going to flex a lot no matter how you move it. The only way would be to jack it up a bit at a time and get some long timbers underneath and get the whole thing on a house-moving trailer. Even that might not work. I'd be afraid the bolts/screws holding everything on would start popping when it flexes.

Congratulations on the new place in any event.
Thanks!

yeah that’s kind of what I figured. It’s not heavy duty. So short of taking it apart or pouring a slab where it at, not much to do.
There are a few other outbuildings I can use for a shop, just was wanting to to use the new one.
Making me miss my 40x80 shop for sure

yes, that seems like it'd be a big and problematic job to move that. Maybe best to use it for what it's intended for, outdoor storage? One never can have too much of that.

Do you have a local Amish population?

barn-move-leader.jpg

I'm surprised that this didn't totally destroy the shed what with trying to coordinate the tractors:

I've seen something similar done with bracing things up and then jacking off of a couple of hay wagons inside the structure and then pulling the whole thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom