Mounting Awning/Racks to Yakima bars (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi folks, bumping an old one here... we just came out with a new bracket and one of its uses is to mount an awning to Yakima bars, so figured this was an appropriate thread to stick it. I know it's been more than a year but just in case someone else is in need, well here you go...

IMG_3980.jpg
IMG_3981.jpg

Still finalizing the hardware side, will be U-bolts just need to get the right size/length in stock. Lots more pictures and information here: Multi Brackets — Gamiviti

Good timing on this... I just purchased a batwing awning and I'm looking at the various ways to attach it. And the search function here SUCKS.

Anyway, I want to have numerous options: the 80 has a Baja Rack and I sometimes use Yakima bars. I also would like to mount it to my Subaru, preferably to the factory rack but I also have a cargo basket/Yakima bars I can use I guess.

:hmm:

Last edited:
The Gamiviti brackets are absolutely the way to go for a good value on quality and versatility.

The ones I used to make by hand I was selling for more than these sell for (by hand artisan drilling and bending just for you 'mudders) and these are lots nicer and powder coated!

Hey thanks for the kind endorsement, Andy!

And of course, there's a Batwing adapter plate..

View attachment 2149073
OK, that looks like there's multiple ways to mount that thing. It's truly the multi-tool of mounts: I'm surprised there's no integrated bottle opener...

:lol:

1) If I were to use it on Yakimas, can I mount it inboard of the ends of the tubes? Looks like I can, by flipping the bracket one way or another.

2) I usually use the flat Baja Rack on the 80, same question. Same answer, looks like...

I don't want anything hanging off to the side, getting hung up etc. I'm doing that enough...

Looks like the ticket.

OK, that looks like there's multiple ways to mount that thing. It's truly the multi-tool of mounts: I'm surprised there's no integrated bottle opener...

:lol:

1) If I were to use it on Yakimas, can I mount it inboard of the ends of the tubes? Looks like I can, by flipping the bracket one way or another.

2) I usually use the flat Baja Rack on the 80, same question. Same answer, looks like...

I don't want anything hanging off to the side, getting hung up etc. I'm doing that enough...

Looks like the ticket.

You know I actually put some bottle opener geometry in the larger mega bracket, but the material is too thick so it doesn't really work that well. So you're left to smacking the cap on an edge, or using it like a lighter, etc... I'm positive you can open a bottle with this thing.

Yes you can flip it either way, mount it anywhere it doesn't interfere with your tower... suspect that the same goes with your Baja, would want to sandwich that rack with backing plates? I actually have some 1" tube clamps coming on Monday... I've got the correct u-bolts for the Yakima bars now also, let me get some pictures of all that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom