Morrison Trail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Don't know if the club is interested in doing Morrison Heep trail this year but a new feature has been added by mother nature, the local club is looking at removing it, you can still squeak by with a narrow wheel base but a 60 or 80 series not likely, I'll keep you posted, cheers, Larry
IMG_1766.JPG

I heard about this. They said there were jeep cherokees working on winching it out of the way.. been following another forum where a bunch of tacomas are going to do it next weekend. Interested to see what happens since were still a couple weeks out for this one. And its actually on the club calender for the 12-13th. Which i hope is correct because thats how i worked it into my schedule!

I heard about this. They said there were jeep cherokees working on winching it out of the way.. been following another forum where a bunch of tacomas are going to do it next weekend. Interested to see what happens since were still a couple weeks out for this one. And its actually on the club calender for the 12-13th. Which i hope is correct because thats how i worked it into my schedule!
Oops, totally got the wrong dates. Thanks for the correction!

What is the name of the local 4x4 club there that you mentioned. It would be nice to have a contact # with the latest update.

I would also like to see some more pics of the work in progress.

Magic city 4x4.. its on their facebook. Looks like a yj barely makes it past with 1/4 inch to the windows

Yeah...that's quite the feature. We will have to monitor their progress. This is planned for the 12th-13th. I agree with the plan to get a skid steer up there to jack hammer it out...now getting it up there will be the issue!

In the old days just would have blown it, would've made little ones out of the big one.
TC, you guys heading up n. meadow tomorrow?

Reminds me of Looney Toons.. I want to push it down the hill

Word on another forum is that its passable. Said they got a 2nd gen tacoma by. Its narrow but passable with a spotter. Wheelbase on a second gen is 75'

They were going to run it today but couldnt because of weather and traffic. They "watched plenty of stuff go around it".

My FJ's wheel base is slightly wider then the 80's. TC can vouch for that. Stinks I'm not in Mt anymore :(

Word on another forum is that its passable. Said they got a 2nd gen tacoma by. Its narrow but passable with a spotter. Wheelbase on a second gen is 75'

They were going to run it today but couldnt because of weather and traffic. They "watched plenty of stuff go around it".
Which forum?

Morrison Jeep Trail and Goose Lake Summer 2017 - Page 18 - Expedition Portal

Expedition portal

I guess one guy claims he watched a wrangler with 35x12.5s go around it. Im thinking that its "doable":).. he drive a first gen tacoma.. seen him on the forums and hes done it several times. I asked him if he thought an fjc or80 series with kick out sliders would make it and he seems to think were fine. Close but fine.

There is a group inthis conversation driving up from missouri and out of state in 4 door nissan pickups that are going to do it this weekend. So ive been watching and waiting to hear back what they say about it..might be a fun time for them.

Still nothing more on magic citys facebook...dont participate in fb so couldnt ask..

I could get around it with my 40 without any problems, so I say go for it, have fun.

I could get around it with my 40 without any problems, so I say go for it, have fun.
I'm planning on running it this weekend to be sure before we bring a dozen or more trucks up there. How many switchbacks up is the boulder?

Which day are you doing the Morrison trail, Saturday or Sunday, my daughter is here from Texas, I cant make Saturday but probably could make Sunday, are you doing Goose Lake while your there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom