Builds Montana Hippo 200 series build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
starting a build thread (first time) but seeing how there still a very small amount of these 200 being built in the usa so im giving it a wack. this in my first overland build so here is whats been ordered so far . the guys at metal tech are really helpful and top notch and have been great in helping me out.
Note my 200 is a 2014

so far i have ordered ,
ironman foam cell pro lift
light racing upper control arms
Iron man deluxe bumper
Metal tech rock sliders
metal tech adjustable rear lower control arms
iron man monster winch 12000k
tires i went with bfg TA Ko2s 34 12.50 r 18
wheels are 18x9 20mm fuel d551

im still looking for or into...
roof rack diggin the gobi so far maybe baja
rear bumper not sure yet
skip plates
doing the tundra lower control arm and axles... waiting to see how just diff`s build is working out

ill also be selling my swwwwweeeeeet 20s wheel of a platinum tundra and really neat running boards!

Last edited:
wow...thanks for sharing this thread. will be great to follow the progress, shakedowns and overland journal.

Gonna look real good!!!

These are the exact size KO2 I've been wanting to run. Do you feel the width will work if you did everything you listed minus the tundra lowers and axels? So basically trying to run the tire with same lift, UCAs, and wheels with exact same offset.

These are the exact size KO2 I've been wanting to run. Do you feel the width will work if you did everything you listed minus the tundra lowers and axels? So basically trying to run the tire with same lift, UCAs, and wheels with exact same offset.
I'm running the same offset wheels and 285/70 R18's, so basically a 34x11.50... I can tell you that adding that extra width will not cause problems at the UCA... The offset of the wheels give you tons of clearance at the UCA's

with the wheel offset and uca i am not worried about it. the rear tuck might be rather close though and i may have to do some shimming lol

Exactly what I was hoping to hear. Thank you guys.

with the wheel offset and uca i am not worried about it. the rear tuck might be rather close though and i may have to do some shimming lol
it's gonna be real close, and I do mean real close:D that's all the way in(that's what she said;)) maybe lube your fenders up before any wheelin trips:grinpimp:
email0791.jpg

I would have them slap a couple 10mm trim packers on each side in the rear to give ya almost another inch of lift, might help out! I just ordered them for my rig and the front spacers to, I just need some breathing space:)

I would have them slap a couple 10mm trim packers on each side in the rear to give ya almost another inch of lift, might help out! I just ordered them for my rig and the front spacers to, I just need some breathing space:)
That is tight. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Got a link to the metal tech sliders? I am interested in seeing what they look like

Got a link to the metal tech sliders? I am interested in seeing what they look like

I should in a few days . there test sliders . Metal tech test there sliders on two or more rigs before they start production on a new product. Hippo is number two for them so they should start building them soon id imagine for everyone

I wonder if anyone has done a slight rolled finder lip ? I might try and see if that might help after I check out how tight of a fit it is.

I wonder if anyone has done a slight rolled finder lip ? I might try and see if that might help after I check out how tight of a fit it is.

I've wondered about fender rolling too. I'm interested to see SOMEONE ELSE try it first though. Haha.

If you've already got the Ironman lift and light racing control arms, stick with landcruiser front suspension. The tundra arms/axles/tie rod ends/ will extend the track width and require tundra uppper control arms. Also the shocks won't work with tundra hardware. The offset wheels will be outside the fenders with the Tundra width. I'm running rock warriors with 50mm offset and the tires (11.50 wide) are about as wide as you can go and still be inside the fenders.
IMAG0268.jpg

If you've already got the Ironman lift and light racing control arms, stick with landcruiser front suspension. The tundra arms/axles/tie rod ends/ will extend the track width and require tundra uppper control arms. Also the shocks won't work with tundra hardware. The offset wheels will be outside the fenders with the Tundra width. I'm running rock warriors with 50mm offset and the tires (11.50 wide) are about as wide as you can go and still be inside the fenders.
View attachment 1146544
I think the setup with just the 20mm offset wheels will push the tire slightly past the fender, so, yes, I agree that adding the tundra axle and arms will push it 3/4" more out on each side.

quick night shot, kinda shows how far out a 20mm offset on a 9 inch wheel pushes a 285 tire out! if you went out another 3/4 inch due to Tundra mod you would having rubbing issues everywhere!
email6788.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom