Builds Montana Hippo 200 series build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ya that's a very good point there! Just a idea I was tossing around after seeing another guy do it . How do you like your set up with the the tundra arms?

I love the way the truck rides. super smooth over light desert trails and firmer on road, but still super smooth. need to get out of town and stretch her legs to see how much it actually helps on the trail.
CrawlAZ just lifted a 14'. Hoping to see the truck Friday at the Copper state cruiser meet. would be fun to have the two side by side for comparison.

quick night shot, kinda shows how far out a 20mm offset on a 9 inch wheel pushes a 285 tire out! if you went out another 3/4 inch due to Tundra mod you would having rubbing issues everywhere!View attachment 1146850

So just thinking this through, if you forget about the tundra mods but stick with the 20mm offset wheels what do you think is the widest you can go? Yours are actually 33.7" x 11.5" tires. If you want to go wider and switch tires and run the KO2s you seemingly have 2 options - the 34x12.5 or 305/65R18, which is a 33.6"x12" tire. The first will be 1/2" wider on the inside and outside and therefore stick out 1/2" more from the fender than yours. The second is 1/4" an inch on each side. You've said it's going to be tight and I can see the 305/65s working but I'm a little scared of trying the true 34s. Thoughts? Sorry to run this into the ground, I'm just about to pull the trigger on my mods though. Thanks so much for all of your insights.

So just thinking this through, if you forget about the tundra mods but stick with the 20mm offset wheels what do you think is the widest you can go? Yours are actually 33.7" x 11.5" tires. If you want to go wider and switch tires and run the KO2s you seemingly have 2 options - the 34x12.5 or 305/65R18, which is a 33.6"x12" tire. The first will be 1/2" wider on the inside and outside and therefore stick out 1/2" more from the fender than yours. The second is 1/4" an inch on each side. You've said it's going to be tight and I can see the 305/65s working but I'm a little scared of trying the true 34s. Thoughts? Sorry to run this into the ground, I'm just about to pull the trigger on my mods though. Thanks so much for all of your insights.
well, there are some variables here, although both tires are manufactured by the same company(so we can assume the size comparisons are accurate) The mud terrain is going to have bigger lugs, side tread etc... that may or may not affect the actual fit into the fender(yes it's that tight) So actual size of the AT width and MT width of say the 12 to 11.50 may be similiar so far as fitment into the fender?!?!(just a guess) From my field test(using fingers:)) I would honestly say if that tire is 1/4 or 1/2 inch wider it will(IMO) hit the rear fender under full compression. Now if you put a couple 10mm trim packers or other spring spacers in the rear and get an extra inch that will definatley help, other option would be to throw bigger bump stops on it(Slee sells some). One other option would be to go with the heavy springs in the rear, might help?!? Not at all trying to persuade people to not roll big rubber, I"m all for it, just trying to throw out some ideas that I have come up with to solve my own problems, maybe you guys can fix them before they occur, or before a fender is removed:grinpimp: Let me know if you guys want any more pics to show fitment etc... hope this helps!!!

well, there are some variables here, although both tires are manufactured by the same company(so we can assume the size comparisons are accurate) The mud terrain is going to have bigger lugs, side tread etc... that may or may not affect the actual fit into the fender(yes it's that tight) So actual size of the AT width and MT width of say the 12 to 11.50 may be similiar so far as fitment into the fender?!?!(just a guess) From my field test(using fingers:)) I would honestly say if that tire is 1/4 or 1/2 inch wider it will(IMO) hit the rear fender under full compression. Now if you put a couple 10mm trim packers or other spring spacers in the rear and get an extra inch that will definatley help, other option would be to throw bigger bump stops on it(Slee sells some). One other option would be to go with the heavy springs in the rear, might help?!? Not at all trying to persuade people to not roll big rubber, I"m all for it, just trying to throw out some ideas that I have come up with to solve my own problems, maybe you guys can fix them before they occur, or before a fender is removed:grinpimp: Let me know if you guys want any more pics to show fitment etc... hope this helps!!!

You rock thanks!

Well the lift and bumper came two days ahead of the said date!:):) It took almost hour just in wrap the bumper . Should have saved the foam and re attached it ... Could have came handy for moving cars auto of my parking spot

image.jpeg

Bumper is on took a few pics will uploade later anyone know for the iron man pro if you need a coil compressor ??

image.jpeg

damn that looks real good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any rubbing issues with the 34's?

the metal tech sliders and lower link look great! I need to order up a pair of those sliders!

Not yet I haven't had a chance to go flex it yet. But I will be this weekend and have lots of pics. The sliders are solid and metaltech did a great job on them!! The rear links are also solid and how the rear joints meet the axle helps slide off and over objects . Very happy on how everything turned out and it drives great.

The bumper is by iron man looks like a arb but half the price .
feels solid just need to install the parking sensors still and it comes with the led lighting already

The ironman pro foam lift is great
A tad firmer then stock but you loose the bobble head ride and the nose dive under breaking . Still rides great but you do feel the little bumps in the road more then before but that might change as the shocks and springs settle .

Not yet I haven't had a chance to go flex it yet. But I will be this weekend and have lots of pics. The sliders are solid and metaltech did a great job on them!! The rear links are also solid and how the rear joints meet the axle helps slide off and over objects . Very happy on how everything turned out and it drives great.

The bumper is by iron man looks like a arb but half the price .
feels solid just need to install the parking sensors still and it comes with the led lighting already

The ironman pro foam lift is great
A tad firmer then stock but you loose the bobble head ride and the nose dive under breaking . Still rides great but you do feel the little bumps in the road more then before but that might change as the shocks and springs settle .
Thanks for taking the plunge here. I'm psyched to hear the 34x12.5s work. What's the main advantage to replacing the lower control arms, just the improved stoutness?

The stock one are soft and they tend to bend and for the price it was peace of mind. There is some triming needed mostly on the front. The front mud flaps need to be removed or relocated and the passenger side body mount needs to be slightly trimmed on how much is yet to be decided. I'll be going out on Friday for the flex test and rock rail test.
At the moment I'm playing with 3D printing the front camera relocation mount but still very much in test mode.
Thanks for taking the plunge here. I'm psyched to hear the 34x12.5s work. What's the main advantage to replacing the lower control arms, just the improved stoutness?
and

Also on a side note regarding the lift.

Check the rear shock bolts there a pain to get tight due to the shaft spinning. I ended up vice griping the top rubber bushing mount and then spent 15min hit my knuckles.

Also second side note . The front Coilovers will settle and are pain to ajust . so make sure you give them a crank or more to slow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom