Events/Trails Mojave Road after Christmas run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Overlandeffex

SILVER Star
Threads
We our idea of finishing the Cal BDR after Christmas needs to be shelved for a bit. The camping options once we get into Death Valley and on the way up to Bishop will be less than desirable. So, we are going to hit the Mojave Road. Plan is to leave the meeting point of 15/ 76, Circle K, and head up to start point. At that point get to camp and spend the next two days driving east. What dates you ask... leave on the 30th and come home on the 1st. Who's in??

What are the issues with Death Valley? What are the vehicle requirements for Mojave Road? Are those dates pretty firm?

What are the issues with Death Valley? What are the vehicle requirements for Mojave Road? Are those dates pretty firm?
There will be a ton of campers in the valley and camp spots will be limited. Yes, the dates are firm

Still waiting on a delivery date for the trailer. Makes it tough to commit to things around that time. However, been really itchy to get back to the Mojave Rd again. Just have to let you know in December if it works out for us.

By the way just came back from 5 days in Kofa Wildlife Refuge and had a blast. Circled the whole area for the most part. Should keep that one in the back pocket for a trip. Lots of decent dispersed group campsites.

I am not gonna be able to make it. Our present plan is to bring my and Tim's 60' to Kelly Saad and return on the 31st.

Frank

I am planning on this one still working it out with the family. May bring my son or brother along with me and another Jeep friend is considering since it has been on his list for a while.

Count Linda and I in.

Well we are just about two weeks out and a small grouping for this trip which is always fun. Looking like 5 ride so real nice. After Christmas I'll firm up times and finalize plans, hopefully @MTN RNR get his trailer by then.

We might join...trying to convince Sean :p

Any chance of a Toyota Trails article out of this run?

Knarf

Watching the weather forecast. We may not go, depending on rain.

Well, we are just 2 days from launching this adventure. Look at the weather, the highest percentage is 24 on Saturday. for rain So looking like it's going to be a cold trip but bring supplies in case it does rain. Checking on the folks who are coming...are you still coming??? Here is the shortlist. Also, a posted a tentative route, GPX file, for the trip.

1. @Overlandeffex
2. @hamilt0n
3. @landcruising and friend??
4. @Shanduhh

See you all on Friday!

GPX viewer

Attachments

• mojave-road-dec-2022 (1).gpx
    309.8 KB · Views: 43
I'm still planning on going, my friend will be a last minute add. What time are we meeting at the 76 station?

Yeah, still going.

Well, we are just 2 days from launching this adventure. Look at the weather, the highest percentage is 24 on Saturday. for rain So looking like it's going to be a cold trip but bring supplies in case it does rain. Checking on the folks who are coming...are you still coming??? Here is the shortlist. Also, a posted a tentative route, GPX file, for the trip.

1. @Overlandeffex
2. @hamilt0n
3. @landcruising and friend??
4. @Shanduhh

See you all on Friday!

GPX viewer
Not sure. Cruiser has started doing a weird shift thing, and still waiting for the cv axel for the truck

Planning on 9 am at the 76 mission gas station. Our truck is pretty much loaded and just need small things put in Friday morning. @Shanduhh , hope you guys make it but understand issues pop up

Not sure. Cruiser has started doing a weird shift thing, and still waiting for the cv axel for the truck
What's the weird shift thing?

Frank

What's the weird shift thing?

Frank
It had an occasional RPM rev, where it wasn't shifting but the RPM would flare. Sean replaced the housing (? I'm not the mechanical one!) and it stopped for a bit, but has started up again. Now it will rev when shifting into second and first seems sluggish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom