Mistress went topless... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Some of y'all have many Rubicon's under your belt. I learned we're gonna get a larger steering cooler, since fluid splattered into my alternator and we had a dead battery while on top of a rock shortly after leaving Buck...had to get a couple of push starts but, all in all, ready for more good times!

This clip is us being followed by Sacha and Robert from Germany in a 40:

next clip after dead battery, we were spotted by @troutbum from Colorado:

Fun:

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 8.07.43 PM.png

"I'm amazed it hasn't flopped yet" -- classic!! :lol:

Are those bed bows a custom job?

Haha, she was fun inspiration for all

The bed bows were first made to carry the kayak
This trip they were the support for platform & possibly awnings next

Can you post some pics of how they are attached and some more shots of The platform?
Thanks

Can you post some pics of how they are attached and some more shots of The platform?
Thanks

Sure I'll post up a couple pics in the evening

The platform is simply plywood from Home Depot and I secured it with some ring clamps
I hashed it together in the two days before the Rubicon trip

Did you have someone make them for you, interested also, would like to do the same they look good.

I left the truck & kayak with a muffler shop and the guy made them in his spare time back in 2012. Really simple

I'll post up more pics later

Awesome! :beer: For these LPBs, I guess 35s and 6" lift, like yours, would be a minimum requirement for the Cons! Do you think you would make it on 33s w/o any body damage?
No way on 33s after airing down

everyone on the wagon group was at 15 psi. T case took hard scrapes.... Bottom of the cab and the end of the truck bed would've had terrible damage without Mudrak armor.
Rear fuel tank took 3 hard center hits

Had to stop worrying about the wood splintering into fragments and JUST DRIVE......It actually held together just fine

Tube rack is welded to 2 strips of angled steel and 6 bolts on each side of the bed hold it secure. Two eye bolts on passenger side are also used to hold down my 5 Gal water jugs that sit in a steel cradle just inside the front of the bed. I've seen another 45 with a tubular frame that holds up a rooftop tent and it was fabbed and finished very nicely @Mudrak in Sonoma

:beer::beer::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom