Missing trailer wiring harness - best place to order? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My LC is missing the wiring harness for the trailer hitch. I know a few folks have had this issue as well. What is the best place to order one from and what did it cost? My dealer wants nearly $200.00!

My LC is missing the wiring harness for the trailer hitch. I know a few folks have had this issue as well. What is the best place to order one from and what did it cost? My dealer wants nearly $200.00!

Suggestion:

I found mine in the little door that covers the jack inside the right-rear "wall" of the vehicle near the rear hatch. Have you looked in there?

**I also notice that it's possible for small items to fall down into the body of the right rear within that cavity.

Have a look in there, and then down the cavity...

NLScooby, if I'm understanding you correctly, is it the fixed receptacle that is missing? If so this is another "known issue" on the 200 series, many like mine did not have it. I was able to get the dealer to pay for it as I did ask for it at the time of purchase, they included it as a "we owe".

I think you can source it on ebay for less than 1/2 what the dealer quoted. Refer to the pics and part #, hope that helps.
IMAG1141.jpg
Capture.PNG

NLScooby, if I'm understanding you correctly, is it the fixed receptacle that is missing? If so this is another "known issue" on the 200 series, many like mine did not have it. I was able to get the dealer to pay for it as I did ask for it at the time of purchase, they included it as a "we owe".

I think you can source it on ebay for less than 1/2 what the dealer quoted. Refer to the pics and part #, hope that helps.
It's strange that it's not supplied...the Wiring Diagram Manual shows the harness with no notes suggesting it might be optional equipment. Bay should have it. I'd recommend etrailer.com.

Steve

Do you mean the adapter? Or the entire unit under the bumper?

I think you can source it on ebay for less than 1/2 what the dealer quoted. Refer to the pics and part #, hope that helps.View attachment 1224976 View attachment 1224977

Yep - this is it....I am missing the entire harness! I'll check out eBay.
I didn't know if there was a Mud member that deals in these parts that offers Mud-pricing! :)

Do you mean the adapter? Or the entire unit under the bumper?
Entire harness. It seems odd that a $75K vehicle that has a tow hitch - wouldn't come with this part!

From what I've gathered they are all suppose to come with it, but myself and others on here found out some of them didn't! When I bought my 2013 I never even checked, until I wanted to tow a trailer months later, I was like wtf! Drove straight out to the dealer, they told me that is something that is suppose to be added at the port when it's unloaded and they must have just forgotten to put it on mine. They ordered it up and put it on and said sorry. I know this doesn't help you much being yours is a 2008, but this appears to be an issue on the LC's, or atleast a handful of them anyways...

Last edited:
From what I've gathered they are all suppose to come with it, but myself and others on here found out some of them didn't! When I bought my 2013 I never even checked, until I wanted to tow a trailer months later, I was like wtf! Drove straight out to the dealer, they told me that is something that is suppose to be added at the port when it's unloaded and they must have just forgotten to put it on mine. They ordered it up and put it on and said sorry. I know this doesn't help you much being yours is a 2008, but this appears to be an issue on the LC's, or atleast a handful of them anyways...
That's what I figured, but alas my dealer doesn't know and thinks it was an option. I'm not the first owner and this dealer didn't sell it new so they aren't all that motivated to make me happy.
I have a tow vehicle (a Cummins powered Dodge), but I want the harness just in case....

That's what I figured, but alas my dealer doesn't know and thinks it was an option. I'm not the first owner and this dealer didn't sell it new so they aren't all that motivated to make me happy.
He can check his Electrical Wiring Diagram book or see it on TIS...either show the harness as oem.

Steve

It's not an option, it's just not factory installed. It should have been supplied in a box along with other boxed items like the ball hitch and wireless headphones. I don't think dealers prep enough LCs to know exactly what they're doing. They don't know where the third row center head rest is, etc.

I have one that is new in box if anyone wants one. Make a reasonable offer. I think I paid around $90 for it.

I have one that is new in box if anyone wants one. Make a reasonable offer. I think I paid around $90 for it.
You have an OEM harness? (not the adapter from 7 to 4 pin) I'll take it and give you what you paid!

Let me look at it; I believe it is OEM.
I'll send you a PM.

image.jpeg

Here is mine. It has the correct OEM part number. Cool.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sold!

I bought a new to me 2016 and this "to be installed at the port or by the dealer" assembly was missing. I've ordered a replacement. :frown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom