Mini Truck SAS which front Coil ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Threads
Website
www.4x4panama.com
Simple, maybe a dumb question .. buddy here have a 22RE mini, and he wanna run 35" with a SAS ( yeah ! I recomend it :D ) already have the front live axle out from a Hi Lux ( you don't have that thing there .. ) 1997 ( the lastes non IFS model ) ..

But he wanna made it more comfy running coils at front ..

So I was searching in this section and found most of the SAS are made with spring packs ..

There is a recomendation about whcich coils we can use . ?

I thought from a TJ 4" over stock .. like

coils.gif

from ..

Coil Springs - Miscellaneous - Jeep 1997-2006 Wrangler TJ - Front 4" lift (over stock height) coil springs (pair)

Or found in the OME catalog the OME874 that measures 16" and have a 200lb/in spring rate .. ( from a RJ70 )

So .. I'm here to pay atention of all of your recomendations ..

thanks !

Last edited:
Are you talking about a fully custom 3 or 4 link front suspension? There is a kit offered.... but the 97 Hilux is probably a different frame.... So a custom set up may be the only option...

Off Road Solutions - Suspension Kits & Components

I don't know much about coils..... but J##P springs? Come on!!!! :D

4 link yes + panhard for sure, don't need to be a radical flex, just compfortable. How much cost a coilover set . ?

Which Sprig Rate hould be ideal .. ?

Note, the SAS it's based on a 90 22RE mini truc .. using a 97 hi lux front axle .. front bumper ( nothing extreme ) and winch ..

typical spring rate on a truck with leafs is 220 inch pounds.

i have no clue as to what the newton meters conversion would be.

look on the bright side, Jerod, those springs made FOR a jeep are not actually made BY jeep, so its not really an infection, more like a zit that wont pop.

I would run them, if i was gonna run it like that.

oh, and we have Hilux's here in the states. well, more specifically we have one hilux on mud.

He is a really helpful guy, just so long as you can bite the bullet long enuff while reading his posts. :flipoff2:

220 inch/pounds sounds pretty close to the OME numbers ( 200 ) and maybe would be a good deal .. ( are not cheap anycase but are rated for a 70 series with the same engine ).

Knixen .. which engine and coil are running your friend .. ?

Unluck I already found a front axles that come from a spring pack hi lux .. but I have no fear making the arms and links .. no big deal, lot's of work ..

Thanks for all comments guys ..

One more question .. does anyone know the springrate from a TJ coils for example a skyjacker coils .?

he now runs a 4,3 chevy v6... coils I don`t know... I think ome...

OME 874 maybe .. ?

Thought the 4.3 it's much more heavy than the 22RE .. but would be good to know which are those coils ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom