mini cruiser (1 Viewer)

murf

Lifer

While on vacation recently, I stopped to snap a few photos of this 70 series. Cant pass up a LC - even on vacation! Thought it was a cool "little" truck with the front bumper mod. I looked up the website address on the back glass and saw it was for the area landcruiser club.
lc70.jpg
IMG_0207.jpg

murf

Lifer

where was that?
It was parked near the Collesium in Rome.The website on his back glass is www.landcruiser-seriek.org which is the Italian Landcruiser/Prado club. The website has some pictures of their group doing a Tunisa to Africa trip. How cool would that be!?

Thanks for the clarification on the 90 series/Prado. I've never seen one before so wasnt sure...

FYI - our 80 series would have a hard time negotiating the streets there - everything is tight and small cars are the rule.

The Lovely Boyo

SILVER Star

That is a Prado not a Land Cruiser.

They were sold in the UK as Landcruiser Colorado. They were available with a 3litre diesel engine and in 2 or 4 door. This engine is also available with a factory fit intercooler.

Under the skin they were essentially an uprated 3rd Gen Surf/4Runner. Which, AFAIK, is what Toyota based the FJ Cruiser on. Now imagine the FJ with nice turbo diesel power? Lovely!

Grench

SILVER Star

They were sold in the UK as Landcruiser Colorado. They were available with a 3litre diesel engine and in 2 or 4 door. This engine is also available with a factory fit intercooler.

Under the skin they were essentially an uprated 3rd Gen Surf/4Runner. Which, AFAIK, is what Toyota based the FJ Cruiser on. Now imagine the FJ with nice turbo diesel power? Lovely!
Now if they would only sell it in Colorado as a "Landcruiser UK" in the same package...

murf

Lifer

Question for those familiar with the Prado:

Does it appear to have a lift on it or do they come that height? A coworker has asked me and i am not sure...I couldnt stop and check it out closely at the time unfortunatley.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
SILVER Star

Question for those familiar with the Prado:

Does it appear to have a lift on it or do they come that height? A coworker has asked me and i am not sure...I couldnt stop and check it out closely at the time unfortunatley.
sure it have a lift or Body lift ( or both ) usually they come with 265 tires or so .. are IFS and rear solid 8" axles .. 4 bangers or V6 .. thought this one should be a 3RZ or |1KZ-T for the model what is ..

ranma21

Supporting Vendor

Prado is still in the landcruiser family with IFS. It is a very capable offroader too. The earlier model equipped with the 3.0 1kz-Te and the later model has 3.0 1KD-FTV, more powerful diesel engine. Lots of this is my country.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom