Million Mile Tundra and Land Cruiser 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
You may have heard of the Million Mile Tundra. It was equipped with the 4.7 UZ engine and used by an oil field worker who put 125,000 miles on it a year.
The owner claims that aside from ordinary maintenance, the only issue was reverse going out at 776,000 miles.

The Million-Mile 2007 Toyota Tundra

Million Mile Tundra: The Tear Down

From what I understand, the main issues to look out for on the 200 are radiators (on the 2008-2010 models), the water pump, and starter motor. Let me know if I'm missing something. That's pretty good. But why does our starter motor crap out at ~120,000 miles when this truck (presumably) went so much further on the original starter? The 200 FSM has no mention of the starter and no guidance above 150k, and I'm not sure Victor would proactively replace the starter every ~150k preventatively.

I would be curious to look up the service history on the Tundra but no one, anywhere, has seen fit to take a picture of the VIN.

Last edited:
On that subject, @cruiseroutfit replaced his recently and there is a newer, smaller part.

Project Fauxverlander 200 Series Land Cruiser Build Thread

upload_2017-11-13_0-32-25.jpeg

From what I understand, the main issues to look out for on the 200 are radiators (on the 2008-2010 models), the water pump, and starter motor. Let me know if I'm missing something.

Don't forget head cover gasket leaks. *grumble*grumble* It's likely due to poor assembly or not understanding where additional sealing is required but it's too early to know for sure.

Don't forget head cover gasket leaks. *grumble*grumble* It's likely due to poor assembly or not understanding where additional sealing is required but it's too early to know for sure.

Do you mean the cam tower leak? I'm not aware of any head gasket problems

I had the cam tower leak at 68,000 miles.

@Narkhelek - ah ok despite what Toyota called it, I'd call this the valve cover gasket (which is what it was called on my 20R!). head cover gasket sounds too much like head gasket...

So using your diagram, it isn't the cylinder head cover gasket (#5) between the cylinder head cover (#4) and the camshaft housing (#15) that has been leaking? Is there another gasket between the camshaft housing (#15) and the cylinder head (#2) that is the culprit?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom