SOLD Midland, Tx: 1976 fj40 us spec (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Green
Putting my fj40 for sale. I’ve had it since 2018 mostly just stayed in garage, drive around neighborhood every once in a while. Will post more pictures tomorrow. Has rust in rear quarters an rear sill, floors are solid. One rear door is dented pretty bad but have an extra. Has dents scratches not a restored vehicle. Has 2f not sure if matching. I put a Fuji carb from city racer on it and an original style air cleaner. Could be restored. Bought from guy who said he got it from Dan Fogelbergs estate in Colorado, comes with some title paperwork with his wife’s name, if that interests you. Runs fine springs are lift springs and pretty stiff. It’s a 1976 but someone before me put 74 and tx wouldn’t change it and I never had intentions of selling until now so it didn’t bother me. $10,000…dm for phone number

22148713-9666-4956-9DCF-2905D6C4AEC5.jpeg

Interested in seeing more pics

Sent PM

Nothing before 1981 has a VIN#, it has a serial number, but theres no way to get any info from that.

All FJ40s came with a vin number
believe any vehicle produce after 1954 was required to have a vin

yes it is a vin # but before 1981, Landcruisers had a 9 or 10 digit # which doesn't work in a carfax type report
starting in 1981 model year it went to the standard 17 digit #
so having the old # doesn't do a whole lot of good for today's buyer

reminds me of a time I was being bothered by the vehicle warranty people years ago.
answered the phone, was told my vehicle was out of warranty
I acted all surprised and said I wanted the warranty on my rig
asked if I had the vin #,
answered yes
was asked for the #
told them FJ4515829
I was told that wasn't a valid #
I said yes it was
then I was asked what year vehicle it was
answered 1965 Toyota Landcruiser
I was then asked was I serious?
I said YES, you told me my warranty was expired
was hung up on and never got another call

Putting my fj40 for sale. I’ve had it since 2018 mostly just stayed in garage, drive around neighborhood every once in a while. Will post more pictures tomorrow. Has rust in rear quarters an rear sill, floors are solid. One rear door is dented pretty bad but have an extra. Has dents scratches not a restored vehicle. Has 2f not sure if matching. I put a Fuji carb from city racer on it and an original style air cleaner. Could be restored. Bought from guy who said he got it from Dan Fogelbergs estate in Colorado, comes with some title paperwork with his wife’s name, if that interests you. Runs fine springs are lift springs and pretty stiff. It’s a 1976 but someone before me put 74 and tx wouldn’t change it and I never had intentions of selling until now so it didn’t bother me. $10,000…dm for phone number

View attachment 3221635
Apologies to everyone, for not getting pictures, have been traveling out of town for work. Going to mark as sold, local sale pending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom