Memorial Day Weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

chap79

Wheel. Break. Fix. Repeat.
SILVER Star
Threads
Since nothing was set in stone at the meeting; I'm thinking about running Berdoo Canyon, Brooklyn Jeep Trail, and putting around the Old Dale Mine area that weekend. For those unfamiliar this is area just outside of Joshua Tree. Anyone interested in going?

Lockers aren't needed for these trails but they do get a little narrow in certain spots. Lots of great old mining artifacts can still be found out there.

I'm planning on camping at least Saturday day night out in the BLM area somewhere. No toilets, water, civilization, or anything near by.

Sounds killer, I haven't been out there in 10 years...
of course I can't go now either, but still cool.

Here's the plan:

Saturday 27 May
Meet at the Loves gas station on the north side of I-10 on Dillon Rd at 1100. From there head up to Berdoo Canyon Rd and take that up to JT NP. Once in the park head east to Old Dale/Gold Crown Rd. Follow the road out of the north side of the Park to BLM and set up camp.

Sunday
Explore the area. There's lots of roads and sites to explore. I will be packing up my site and possibly camping at a different location for Sunday night. Due to the remoteness of the area I wouldn't recommend leaving gear unattended for extended periods. It looks like the hills have eyes but without mutants.

Monday
Drive back early to avoid Holiday traffic.

The Webster family might be in on this one. We had planned to head up to the Sierras but all the places I want to go are still snowed in. Fingers crossed our new ride will be ready!!!

Did the new ride come in???

I am going to try very hard to get my air system, winch, and bumper installed over the next couple of weekends so will have to attend in spirit. I look forward to the pictures!

Yeah unfortunately I have some conflicting plans this weekend, it's my birthday on 5/23 and we always do a family camping trip over Memorial Day weekend, and they are pushing towards the mountains (Big Bear co-incidentally) vs "not more desert!"

So anyway... think we're headed to a Yellow Post site for Memorial Day weekend. If anyone else ends up in that area hit me up!

Take lot's of pics for sure! We created a shared album for Cruise Moab and it worked out really well, everyone who took any pics could upload into a single place, the format is good, etc... Google Photos is probably the best services Google offers (which is saying a lot considering how good Maps/mail/etc.. are), if you're not currently using I'd highly suggest for a number of reasons.

Starting COMMs, change as needed.

CB: 22
HAM: 146.490

Here's the route I have planned in a nutshell for Saturday. (The stars mark main mining sites that I have been to in the past.)

Memorial Day Trip.jpeg
Memorial Day Trip2.jpeg

I have done Berdoo and Old Dale Rd. (the latter last weekend). I'd love to join but can't get away this weekend.
I would say Berdoo and Old Dale are moderate in their most technical sections and shouldn't require lockers. I'm on 33's and aired down and did just fine with a 3" lift, never touching my sliders or TC skid on anything.
It's really pretty back there and if you've never been to J Tree I highly recommend it.
Enjoy!

I have done Berdoo and Old Dale Rd. (the latter last weekend). I'd love to join but can't get away this weekend.
I would say Berdoo and Old Dale are moderate in their most technical sections and shouldn't require lockers. I'm on 33's and aired down and did just fine with a 3" lift, never touching my sliders or TC skid on anything.
It's really pretty back there and if you've never been to J Tree I highly recommend it.
Enjoy!

1) How's the weather at night over there?

2) You are talking about 3" lift and armor. Should I be worried about my 2"-ish lift and running boards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom