Mechanic Fixed Head Gasket, At Completion Tells Me I May Require Engine Rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

13k to have a new heart put in a solid 80 VS however many times more for a modern-anything-else....... 80 all day.

The only new engine I've ever owned is my 2020 Yamaha outboard. Getting to maintain a brand new machine from day 1 is a beautiful thing.
Yeah that was pretty cool until my 80 got hailed on today. Hood, roof and windshield are bad, nothing elsewhere. Its a trail rig so I am trying to keep my cool, but this has been one heck of a roller coaster since buying the rig

Yeah that was pretty cool until my 80 got hailed on today. Hood, roof and windshield are bad, nothing elsewhere. Its a trail rig so I am trying to keep my cool, but this has been one heck of a roller coaster since buying the rig

I know a really good body shop in aurora that did some work on my 81. If you need help with anything shoot me a pm im in the denver metro area

I think I'll replace the windshield ASAP to get me back on the road and sleep on what I'll be doing for the hood/roof. A lot more options with the hood, while the roof has to be straight up repaired and there are some deep ones. Sunroof looks brand new still somehow lol

My wife bought a 98 4Runner cheap from a dealership that got hit with a bad hail storm. It looked BAD but, they said they had a paint-less dent repair company that could fix it. I didn't believe it but they did it. Amazing.

A few years later same truck got hit with a bad hail storm and AGAIN the 4Runner was all beat up. Again somehow they fixed all the dents. It looked great until we got rid of the truck years later. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it myself. So maybe there's hope for your truck.

Chick's dig scars

New windshield, New hood, and it should be good if your keeping it for a long time.

My rig is also got some hail damage so at least your not alone.

Yeah pretty quickly you realize this was mother natures way of nudging me to buy a roof rack and install a big louver in the hood lol

Yeah pretty quickly you realize this was mother natures way of nudging me to buy a roof rack and install a big louver in the hood lol
Get a check from insurance and use it to buy upgrades to armor, stereo, accessories.

Then buy a PDR system online and try your skill while you're drinking beer and raising hell.

IF you know the hail is coming and must park outside, try strapping mattresses and couch cushions and folded blankets and spare kids to roof and hood and windshield area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom