• Don't run it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Informal non-club run day

• Undecided

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LC4LIFE

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hi Everyone,

I hope you and your families are doing well and healthy. We are about 10 days away from our May club run. Given the dynamics of the orders along with what is going on in different counties, I think it's worthy of a discussion to try and decide our plan for May.

Please answer the poll and if you have comments make yourself heard.

Thanks everyone.

run it but keep in mind and follow the reccomendations for distancing, on the other hand, i am concerned with how many others are going to be out, seems like the trails are super busy and conjested lately... idk hard call... at least on the weekends around here, all the trails are packed

I’d say run it and put a cap on # of rigs. Cap rigs at 8. That way if a few people bring someone with them the club is not too many people. Most of us are in a low risk range but we may have family or loved ones in a higher risk range. So the club can lower the risk with a rig cap and folks that do come, just try to be wise and cognizant of the risk to others.

My.02

I agree. Run it. But put a cap on it, like @000doodie000 said. I wasn't sure if the club run was going to happen, so I'm going out this weekend. I may or may not be able to swing two weekends in a row... we'll see how well I pull of Mother's day on Sunday... Ha!

IMG_20200509_105203~2.jpg

So I ran about 95% of Hackett gulch on Saturday. Didn't quite make it all the way to the end due to a full size RAM that was stuck blocking the end of the trail. After recovering the RAM and towing him off the trail, I ran out of time and had to get home. The poor kid blew up his front diff and only had 2-high with an open rear diff. So we 5-wheeled out of there.

Also, there was a guy waiting at the main OHV parking lot and managed to tag along with us. Long story short he ended up being a huge hinderance, and tried to tell everyone what to do when he very clearly didn't know what he was doing. ie - While I was trying to guide the stuck guy off the tree, he kept trying to talk over me and guide the guy back into the damn tree. I had to very respectfully tell him to get lost. Then he wanted to daisy chain multiple working trucks together to help pull the broke truck off the trail...

The moral of the story is: if there's a guy at the trail head driving a Jeep with the name of Ken/Kent, something like that... don't let him tag along.

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make this weekend's run. Family obligations trump the woods right now. I'd like to see something put together, so if you'r inclined to help make it happen please speak up. I am sure there are at least a handful of us that would love to get out.

Thanks

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom