Builds Max Powerzz gets Max Power, or Watch Me Pull a Rabbit out of my Hat! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And some eye candy of whats to come......
IMG_2970.jpg
IMG_2969.jpg
IMG_2978.jpg

Is that fresh paint on the t-case or buffed aluminum? :D

Chrome of course! That's how we roll in Provo, wait until you see the gold-plated 30" rims :grinpimp:

Tom, my wife says you can't post pics late at night, something about me muttering vortec as I toss and turn; she's starting to get jealous.

Is that fresh paint on the t-case or buffed
aluminum? :D

It is indeed aluminum paint....I wish I could buff in all those little spots. It was power blasted and painted. it is also waiting for the adapter so I can rebuild it with the gasket seal kit I grabbed from you the other day. looks great huh?

Chrome of course! That's how we roll in Provo, wait until you see the gold-plated 30" rims :grinpimp:

I thought you were getting spinners for it?

Tom, my wife says you can't post pics late at night, something about me muttering vortec as I toss and turn; she's starting to get jealous.

wait till she drives it.........you may want to get used that 40 a bit more.

So the current plan with Max powerzz is the cut the rockers down, reshape the rear corners for better approach and departure, rust of course and fresh paint too. After the body we are starting a rear bumper and swing gates. also some sliders for the new or vanished rockers.
heres a couple shots of the new rockers and rear corner angles.
IMG_3013.jpg
IMG_3015.jpg
IMG_3036.jpg

heres a couple more of the rear. We lost about 3 inches on the rear angle and about 3 inches on the rockers too...
I personally love this look.
IMG_3037.jpg
IMG_3038.jpg
IMG_3039.jpg

heres some shots of the rockers. They were cut and a 3 1/2 x 1/8 plate was welded in to connect the outer body to the inner body. All the body mounts under there were capped as well. It almost doesn't need sliders as that 1/8 plate is way stronger than the original OEM rocker panel. plus the added clearance on the body looks great too.
IMG_3059.jpg
IMG_3049.jpg
IMG_3050.jpg

And the finished rocker......

I hope I'm not posting too much for Jeff ??????????

Am I heffey?
IMG_3060.jpg
IMG_3061.jpg
IMG_3069.jpg

Also the frame was taken down with a wire wheel and primed and painted too. should get a few more years out of her.
IMG_3024.jpg
IMG_3026.jpg
IMG_3032.jpg

heres a few shots of the under side of the rockers too.....

Also a shot of the front grill. it is in pretty bad shape with most of the chrome flaking off and very yellow in appearence. we are considering blacking it out and keeping the chrome on the TOYOTA emblem only.....any feedback welcomed.
IMG_3083.jpg
IMG_3088.jpg
IMG_3070.jpg

Also a shot of the front grill. it is in pretty bad shape with most of the chrome flaking off and very yellow in appearence. we are considering blacking it out and keeping the chrome on the TOYOTA emblem only.....any feedback welcomed.

I did that exact thing. I painted everything but the emblem up front. It turned out pretty good and I like the way the chrome stands out but it's started to bubble on the lettering itself now so eventually I think I'll end up painting that too.

did you shoot the light frames too? they seem to be in the same condition.....gotta pic?

did you shoot the light frames too? they seem to be in the same condition.....gotta pic?

Yep. I'll see if I've got a picture somewhere. I'm at work now but I drove my wife's car to work today.

I do have a picture of the one that I used as an example when I did mine.
1234.jpg

I like it.....Hopefully Hefey will too.
any comments Jeff? otherwise I'm shooting it.

Thanks for the pic ty.

oh, by the way, when we doing your bumper Ty....?

Soon, I hope! Life got away from me. The other thing is that the company I've been working for has been struggling and my pay got cut. :mad::mad::mad:

I need to actually go take a look at some steel and figure out what'd it cost and just do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom